British Speedway Forum
ellioth4

Newcastle V Berwick (sgbc) 09/04/2017

Theo looking for a place and is generally reliable but whilst the fans are speculating about team changes as someone has already stated it may be beneficial to find out why these performances are happening before any changes are made.

Lot to consider

Availability

Wage Structure

Will they improve the team right away

Equipment

So it is maybe not just as straight forward to change until your management do there homework.

No-one has congratulated Danny Phillips on a much improved effort. He looked good when he was taking a fistful of throttle not so good tootling along at the back but take heart Dan. I hope he will have received a boost of confidence by a couple of good rides.

Connor needs time to learn our technical track. I am sure he will benefit from his dad and grandad in his corner. When he learns the track he will start to show his potential but having said this about our reserves they must appreciate that if someone comes along and promises to be better and fits the team average wise, one or both of them will have to go as we cannot operate all season with low scoring reserves.

Congrats to Robert on his 4 ride maximum he was awesome. Will someone tell Robert our track record is there for him to take, if he wants it. He just needs to go flat out for all four laps when he is out in front by a country mile instead of slowing a bit with the race won, as he does now.

Our pairing at 3 and 4 Lewis and Ludde were involved in some great racing and like Robert were both unbeaten from 4 rides and a tough heat 15 did them no favours but good call from George to put them into heat 15 when Steve and Robert are the obvious choice for the nominated final race.

No-one has congratulated Danny Phillips on a much improved effort. He looked good when he was taking a fistful of throttle not so good tootling along at the back but take heart Dan. I hope he will have received a boost of confidence by a couple of good rides.

Connor needs time to learn our technical track. I am sure he will benefit from his dad and grandad in his corner. When he learns the track he will start to show his potential but having said this about our reserves they must appreciate that if someone comes along and promises to be better and fits the team average wise, one or both of them will have to go as we cannot operate all season with low scoring reserves.

Congrats to Robert on his 4 ride maximum he was awesome. Will someone tell Robert our track record is there for him to take, if he wants it. He just needs to go flat out for all four laps when he is out in front by a country mile instead of slowing a bit with the race won, as he does now.

Our pairing at 3 and 4 Lewis and Ludde were involved in some great racing and like Robert were both unbeaten from 4 rides and a tough heat 15 did them no favours but good call from George to put them into heat 15 when Steve and Robert are the obvious choice for the nominated final race.

Robert was still sore from a crash at King's Lynn (on Wednesday), which is why he didn't go in heat 15 last night.

I think you'll find Tero belongs to Glasgow.

He is not a Glasgow assett now or in the past.

Why would Berwick even consider him who would he replace and would that strengthen the team?

Was just about to say the same myself, I am not a huge fan and have talked down Danny quite a bit myself, but I was very impressed with heat 2 and heat 8 from him yesterday, more like that please Danny :)

Connor was looking good yesterday in that race, before he came off, I havea feeling once he gets used to our track, he could be a great rider :) 4/5 points a meeting maybe later on down the line? And if Danny can do the same, or similar, I'll have no problems with that, if you include our top 5 strength, of which I can't fault any of them

Wish Robert would go full tilt for all the race too, he could be hugely quick then and win by more than half a lap :P Great rides last night, although a bit of help from Steve in Heat 13 after he slowed up to let Robert take his maximum as Steve had already lost his by then

Lewis and Ludvig were perfect last night, I know they struggled in Heat 15, but you still can't fault them, Lewis made many great passes all night and he could play a huge role in our team this season

6 of our riders out performed what is expected of them last night and that's great to see, young Connor will improve each and every week, i'm sure and you certainly can't fault his effort at all, good luck for the rest of 2017 and I hope we finish the season with the same riders as we started :t: However I could be saying different to this, come next Monday night... xD

Why would Berwick even consider him who would he replace and would that strengthen the team?

He'd be stronger than Liam, Ryan and Danny for sure, and possibly Dimitri sometimes, but it's all down to averages...

Was very impressed with Lewis Bridger as this was the first time I'd ever seen him ride, I thought he did well and deserved more points than he got, great style and rides Brough Park very well

It would make no sense at all to being Aarnio in.

No disrespect to him.

• Like 1

I never said you would i was replying to a post about him.

• Like 1

Only going by what he told me when he signed for Newcastle last year. He said he was glad Glasgow didn't recall him back. They could only take preference over Newcastle last year if he was their asset, as he finished the 2015 season with Newcastle

Only going by what he told me when he signed for Newcastle last year. He said he was glad Glasgow didn't recall him back. They could only take preference over Newcastle last year if he was their asset, as he finished the 2015 season with Newcastle

Probably mis-translated, meaning they did not return his telephone call

• Like 1

It was in Berwick programme two or three years ago where it said Bandits had made full transfer of Tero to Scunthorpe so unless Scunny have papped him on to somewhere else that's where he's assetted.