British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Arch Stanton

Ipswich V Peterborough April 15th 7.30pm

Yesterday I was listening to professional speedway rider after professional speedway rider criticise the Ipswich track and I was thinking you clowns you know nothing. Arch Stanton says it looked fine from his seat and so it must have been. I wished they interviewed him as he knows everything about speedway & track preparation, not those idiot professional speedway riders.

"Still, the boys got a good win, Peterborough made the track look twice as tricky as it actually was and we all went home happy."

And those the comments from another "professional speedway rider", the British champion no less, in his column today.

• Like 1

"Still, the boys got a good win, Peterborough made the track look twice as tricky as it actually was and we all went home happy."

And those the comments from another "professional speedway rider", the British champion no less, in his column today.

So what Ipswich made Panthers look silly a week ago and the week before Sheffield made your lot look silly , it's over time to move on .

So the track wasn't "doctored" in any way to favour home team , as there was no need to due to Panthers not being good enough to warrant such measures.

That has to be the comment of the season so far! :t:

I rarely miss a Ipswich v Peterborough match and certainly haven't missed many over the last few decade or two, i do like your stadium facilities and viewing but I have rarely seen good racing at foxhall in all the years I have been going.

I agree somewhat that all tracks are their to be raced on and clubs should set up the tracks to suit their team but I do feel that all tracks should be prepared to encourage good racing which after all is what it's all about.

Which is of course why Peterborough graded the track for heat 15 to favour the outside knowing that Ippo had 1 and 3 ....of course just to favour "good racing"

It's not that they graded it, but got the blade out lol. Never ever seen that in 40 years of speedway.

Well some of their fans are a bit strange and freaky. Be afraid very afraid

Don't worry Jeremy Corbyn Fan will be fascinated by the up and coming General Election for his childhood hero... :t:

Edited by Flyin Panther

Don't worry Jeremy Corbyn Fan will be fascinated by the up and coming General Election for his childhood hero... :t:

I thought Morrisey was his hero, or was it MJJ or Kenny bjerre or............. I could go on a while 😉

• Like 1

Which is of course why Peterborough graded the track for heat 15 to favour the outside knowing that Ippo had 1 and 3 ....of course just to favour "good racing"

And then put top rider (Holder} in gate 2 when only needing a 3-3. That's that theory out the window then!
  • Like 1

they pulled all the dirt from the outside back towards the inside to favour the outside gates? Don't quite understand your theory there?
  • Like 1

No. They bladed dirt from fence in a few foot, creating an outside line

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

What was done to the starts?

Were 1&3 treated the same as 2&4??