British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aroundtheboards

Somerset V Swindon 21/4/17

Madness to ditch tungate imo. There will be plenty of points avaliable if somerset want to strengthen, and you won't get a better rider than tungate on a 5 point average or whatever he is in at that stage.

If Tungate was dropped then possibly replace Graversen as well with someone like Hume on a 2.00 and then you'd have around 11.00 left if there's anyone available.

For now I'd stick with the current team though, a shame that Tungate doesn't have the extra meetings for a Championship side to help but I'm sure he'll get going soon.

Rohan has always blown hot and cold. When he's good he's very good, when he's not he rubbish.

Rohan has always blown hot and cold. When he's good he's very good, when he's not he rubbish.

Rubbish Nah ,

Heat 9 and heat 13 absolutely superb. I think I'd go as far as saying that's the best I've ever seen Josh ride. A massive pity he ended up on the losing side.

Heat 13 from last night. Out of the two you've mentioned, this was the best race. Probably the best heat I've seen at Somerset since heat 13 vs Rye House a few years ago :t:

https://www.facebook.com/richard.hayes2992/videos/1352343774803140/

Edited by RH92
  • Like 4

Heat 13 from last night. Out of the two you've mentioned, this was the best race. Probably the best heat I've seen at Somerset since heat 13 vs Rye House a few years ago :t:

https://www.facebook.com/richard.hayes2992/videos/1352343774803140/

Heats 14 and 15 superb as well, along with a few others.

Is the racing as good as this at every OTA meeting? You could have chucked a rizla paper over all 4 riders in one heat! Do they not have victory parade. Good to see Robins riders applauding their fans way after the meeting ended.

Ronan was so inconsistent at Swindon last year, not a number 1, but Josh was brilliant last night, good at Blunsdon last year, but poor away. Think Somerset will struggle to get away points.

Edited by beefy keefy

Went to quite a few meetings at OTA last year. The racing depends on both teams competing. Last year the matches against Glasgow were excellent also vs Sheffield. A couple against other teams were one sided. It helps that Josh, Wright, Starke and Allen are quick around there but do not often gate in front.

• Like 1

At no point last season when I watched Rohan was he rubbish. He was only blowing hot for us last season.

Unsure how all this average lark is going to pan out but every chance you could drop Rohan on his high average after he's done the required matches but before his new average becomes effective and then reintroduce him on his 4/5 point average for someone else. Just a thought.

Cracking meeting last night and it was great to see the riders having confidence in the track to go out and really go for it, well done to all at the OTA.

Swindon got lucky last night; had it not been for Josh and Starkey having engine failures the Rebels would have won it and they would have deserved it. However credit to the Budgies for staying in touch and being in a position to take advantage of the Rebels misfortune.

For Rebels fans I'm sure Rohan will come good and Starkey too.

It was a victory for British speedway last night; shows when things are right the sport can deliver top quality entertainment.

• Like 3

Went to quite a few meetings at OTA last year. The racing depends on both teams competing.

And both sets want to put themselves out and use the track.

At no point last season when I watched Rohan was he rubbish. He was only blowing hot for us last season.

Thats good then in it..

Polish match on Sunday is on TV so will be able to see how he goes there.

His last few matches in Poland he has done ok, so makes you wonder if its machinery

You've contradicted yourself. Your post makes no sense at all. You know they won't meet their average but they need to be scoring their average??? :blink:

Even if Tungate scores 8 he still hasn't met his average! And in 3 rides if Jan scores 4 like last night his average is 5.33.... well over what he started on for god sakes! As I said last night Starke was all over Bellego and Ellis when he fell and packed up when 2nd... IF he scored an extra 4 points his score of 5 doesn't look so bad then, we'd of won and everybody would of been happy. If only my auntie had balls she'd be my uncle though!

There's being ruthless and then there is being stupid!

If you add the points together 8+8+8+6+6+5+4 that is 45 so yes each rider needs to be scoring at least that and more, the ones who currently aren't are the three mentioned. There has only been one meeting for each of the three where they have scored what is expected of them for a team in depth.

Alright sunshine, no need to be a dick about it!

And for your information "I'm not thick" just have better things to do then read a rulebook. Now do one #idiot

Then don't write about it then. If you're not prepared to read the rules to find out the facts, then you shouldn't post & disagree with people who have taken the time to check the rules!

Every time ive been to the OTA the racing has been excellent, looking forward to august.

• Like 2

Every time ive been to the OTA the racing has been excellent, looking forward to august.

So am I as the Belle Vue fixture is on the same day as the annual Rebels Golf Day which is always a popular event raising valuable funds for the Air fence repairs and other developments around the place.

Good luck to the Rebs this season, great race track and friendly fans. If all speedway meetings were like this would be no worries about crowd levels. I would go more if I lived nearer, won't be much fun on the M5 in summer.

• Like 1