British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aroundtheboards

Somerset V Swindon 21/4/17

Even if it does turn out to be FIM affiliated, people are still ignoring the "if permitted by Art 18.10" statement.

Think this could be very close. Brady is in great form at the moment so a good guest

Even if it does turn out to be FIM affiliated, people are still ignoring the "if permitted by Art 18.10" statement.

And people are still missing​ the agreed by all parties bit. The BSPA and Swindon have agreed to the guest, Somerset have broken no rules if all parties have agreed to it.

And people are still missing​ the agreed by all parties bit. The BSPA and Swindon have agreed to the guest, Somerset have broken no rules if all parties have agreed to it.

You can't run even a vaguely professional sport on one-off agreements. It's supposed to be a level playing field for all clubs.

Just when I get an inkling to give the sport another go, something ridiculous always comes along and reminds me why I shouldn't.

The sport is an utter farce...

Edited by frigbo
  • Like 1

Which agreed by all parties but? The rules say clubs cannot agree to ignore the rules.

Which agreed by all parties but? The rules say clubs cannot agree to ignore the rules.

The rules however say that they can use a guest in this instance. 18.10 just covers the facility.

Must be the 7 day rule, I believe & no doubt will be corrected that if Kurtz had rode as a guest for another club before his parent club rides there then no issue. As Poole rode there last week he can't ride again within 7 days.

Edited by hyabb17

The rules however say that they can use a guest in this instance. 18.10 just covers the facility.

I don't think it does - the "if permitted by Art 18.10" statement points to otherwise and muddies the waters.

Edited by frigbo

Just been reported on twitter from Somerset Pits

Brady cannot ride and Somerset are having to use r/r.

• Like 1

I don't think it does - the "if permitted by Art 18.10" statement points to otherwise and muddies the waters.

I agree it muddies the water but 18.10.1 is clear for this occasion- and you to laugh if Somerset have fallen foul of the 7 day rule. :lol:

Kurtz not allowed to ride. 7 day rule applied?

No such rule. There's the rules that says, "18.12.2 A rider may ride as a Guest (in an Official Meeting) at a Track only once in an 8-day period unless he is replacing the Home Teams #1 or is a NDL rider guesting for the Home Team". Who has he guested for at Somerset in the last 8 days?

How about you all accept I was right. No guest allowed for riding in Denmark.

Must be the 7 day rule, I believe & no doubt will be corrected that if Kurtz had rode as a guest for another club before his parent club rides there then no issue. As Poole rode there last week he can't ride again within 7 days.

He didn't guest for Poole, he rides for Poole.

FFS, what is it with speedway fans and making everything so idiot difficult? Why are speedway fans so thick?

He can't guest for because Somerset can't have a guest for a rider riding in a DMU meeting.

If 7 day rule still applies why did Klindt ride at Leicester on 3 successive Saturdays for 3 different teams ( Lions,Poole ,Somerset)