British Speedway Forum
stevebrum

Wolves V Belle Vue 18/4/17

Exactly.. which is why I'm thinking a decent rider added to that top 4.. then Skornicki at reserve.. 'could' be very strong if he only rediscovered half of his form at reserve.. we've seen how that has rejuvenated so many over the years.

Needs to get rid of that diabolical engine though. Didn't even compete tonight.

He used a bmw engine at belle vue. And it sounded a bag of spanners.

Tonight I think he only used it in his last race but could be wrong

Edited by Phil The Ace

Needs to get rid of that diabolical engine though. Didn't even compete tonight.

Most people are saying he wasn't on the 'new' engine tonight. Dean Felton mentioned a new GM had been ordered as his current GM and the BMW weren't producing the goods. Has it arrived yet?

Issue Wolves have is there are two more home meetings before the 3rd away match. I'm assuming averages are when 3 home/3 away are completed?

That means they'll be inflated? Not good, will scupper the plans quite a bit...

Need some rain!

Edited by BWitcher

Hearing cvs is keen on signing Davey Watt to replace Skornicki if he becomes available,

• Like 1

Hearing cvs is keen on signing Davey Watt to replace Skornicki if he becomes available,

😂😂 don't think you will get any catches with that lol

• Like 2

Hearing Ford is keen on Skornicki to replace KK if he becomes available.

• Like 8

Issue Wolves have is there are two more home meetings before the 3rd away match. I'm assuming averages are when 3 home/3 away are completed?

It's once 4 home and 4 away have been completed. Not 3/3.

Good racing???????

The trouble is we're spoilt now by the quality of racing at the NSS. By general standards there were some decent tussles between Masters and Cook, Bjerre and Howarth, Worrall and Howarth and Thorssell and Fricke in heat 15.

For me I got the most enjoyment from watching Dan Bewley. What a prospect he is. Not a full season under his belt, 17 years old. so smooth and so assured. Every now and then someone emerges, Collins, Morton, Lee and Ward are examples I have seen and you can see straight away that, providing they stay clear of serious injury, they are destined for the top. I think Bewley is in that same mould.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 4

It's once 4 home and 4 away have been completed. Not 3/3.

Thanks for that.

Thought the racing was much better tonight than it has been at Monmore in recent weeks. At least there was some decent moves and passing.

• Like 1

Good racing???????

if you were there you must have had your back turned if you missed the great racing tonight.

I don't know what motors he used after that odd ball thing packed up last week.His scores seemed to be picking up a tad.He's either 100% commited or not.

GM for the first 3 then back to the BMW for the last one. Both hopeless. When Greaves sets about beingbghe one doing the chasing then you know you're in trouble.

What Nationallity is Sckornicki ? Romours tonight tell me that KK needs to buck his ideas up quick smart...

Adam is riding on a British license.

That was a cracker with some top quality battles going on tonight.

Wolves led from start to finish with the reserves contributing. Never expected to say that.

Was a little disappointed with the Aces. YES they took a point, YES they were never more than 6 points behind. I expected a decent win for them in all honesty considering how they have started and are usually a danger team at Monmore.

So I'm delighted my prediction was wrong.

Freddie looked a completely different beast tonight and never looked like getting touched whilst Bjerre started with 2 strong wins and then was well and truly beaten up in 2 of his remaining rides.

Good to see a great travelling support for the Aces however the ones stood by us........... not sure they even understand the sport.

They want Garrity for Fricke who is rubbish (their words).

Everytime we won a race they said we cheat as we brought Woffy in last year (that's right EVERY time! )

They are the better side despite never leading the meeting.

Still, I'm sure all clubs have em.

Adam is a huge worry and was nowhere near scoring and when Greaves is the rider to chase in heat 12 you know you have problems.

Delighted to see the track producing excellent racing. Top notch stuff from the boys and the track staff.

WOLVES

FRED - in a different class to the rest. Untouchable by an Ace. 5/5

KYLE - had a great battle with Worrall in heat 8 but continues to step it up each match. 4/5

ADAM - beyond poor. 0/5

JACOB - had to play 2nd best to Kenny in heat 3 otherwise majestic including sorting both Aces in the finale. 4.5/5

SAM - had a tough night and was hard ridden by Fricke in the 13th. 2.5/5

MAX - beat Smith twice but looked quicker as well. 1.5/5

NATHAN - his best match in a Wolves suit. Smith completely messed up bend 2 in heat 4 and killed any speed he had otherwise did his job and more beating Worrall. Sam did look after him he had already dome the hard work. No falls, steady , good gating and carried speed well. 3/5 MOTM

ACES

Fricke - decent after a rubbish 1st heat. In the thick of the action after that. 3.5/5

Worrall - one race wonder. Huge disappointment. 1.5/5

Bjerre - top scored as expected. Seems revitalised this season. Although couldn't touch Freddie. 3.5/5

Sedgmen - ordinary, beat no one of any ilk. 1.5/5

Cook - apparently was ill (?). Decent effort but poor points tally. 2.5/5

Bewley - a star of the future. Very impressed. 4/5

Smith - couldn't ride the track and was adrift in 2 of his heats. 0.5/5

Edited by stevebrum

if you were there you must have had your back turned if you missed the great racing tonight.

GM for the first 3 then back to the BMW for the last one. Both hopeless. When Greaves sets about beingbghe one doing the chasing then you know you're in trouble.

Adam is riding on a British license.

That was a cracker with some top quality battles going on tonight.

Wolves led from start to finish with the reserves contributing. Never expected to say that.

Was a little disappointed with the Aces. YES they took a point, YES they were never more than 6 points behind. I expected a decent win for them in all honesty considering how they have started and are usually a danger team at Monmore.

So I'm delighted my prediction was wrong.

Freddie looked a completely different beast tonight and never looked like getting touched whilst Bjerre started with 2 strong wins and then was well and truly beaten up in 2 of his remaining rides.

Good to see a great travelling support for the Aces however the ones stood by us........... not sure they even understand the sport.

They want Garrity for Fricke who is rubbish (their words).

Everytime we won a race they said we cheat as we brought Woffy in last year (that's right EVERY time! )

They are the better side despite never leading the meeting.

Still, I'm sure all clubs have em.

Adam is a huge worry and was nowhere near scoring and when Greaves is the rider to chase in heat 12 you know you have problems.

Delighted to see the track producing excellent racing. Top notch stuff from the boys and the track staff.

WOLVES

FRED - in a different class to the rest. Untouchable by an Ace. 5/5

KYLE - had a great battle with Worrall in heat 8 but continues to step it up each match. 4/5

ADAM - beyond poor. 0/5

JACOB - had to play 2nd best to Kenny in heat 3 otherwise majestic including sorting both Aces in the finale. 4.5/5

SAM - had a tough night and was hard ridden by Fricke in the 13th. 2.5/5

MAX - beat Smith twice but looked quicker as well. 1.5/5

NATHAN - his best match in a Wolves suit. Smith completely messed up bend 2 in heat 4 and killed any speed he had otherwise did his job and more beating Worrall. Sam did look after him he had already dome the hard work. No falls, steady , good gating and carried speed well. 3/5 MOTM

ACES

Fricke - decent after a rubbish 1st heat. In the thick of the action after that. 3.5/5

Worrall - one race wonder. Huge disappointment. 1.5/5

Bjerre - top scored as expected. Seems revitalised this season. Although couldn't touch Freddie. 3.5/5

Sedgmen - ordinary, beat no one of any ilk. 1.5/5

Cook - apparently was ill (?). Decent effort but poor points tally. 2.5/5

Bewley - a star of the future. Very impressed. 4/5

Smith - couldn't ride the track and was adrift in 2 of his heats. 0.5/5

I was there. Racing was pants as per

I was there. Racing was pants as per

You couldn't have watched much of it then.

A rider moving of the inside to allow a rider to pass on the inside isn't a pass. Away riders will never learn. Always ride wide allowing wolves riders through

Only good pass was thorsell round sedgman I think it was a d cook on masters in heat 13 to allow fricke through

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 1

I was also there. The racing was terrible.

I pointed as much out to a Wolves fan, he wasn't impressed.