British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
cowboy cookie returns?

Ipswich V Redcar Saturday 22nd April

Rory and Ben had to have a little meeting with the ref....

The referee was pointing out to them both that any pugilism is clearly covered in the 2017 Speedway Regulations booklet:

8.2 The minimum Personnel and Facilities required at a Speedway Meeting (including an Amateur Meeting) are:
one (1) Medical Officer
one (1) Ambulance with a Driver and Attendant
one (1) Medical Treatment Facility
four (4) Fist :rofl: Aid Staff
  • Like 1

"Expect a long meeting tonight if he's the referee as he always holds the tapes too long so expect a few reruns"

3 people off 15m for tape touching after 5 heats.

Wise words.

You were spot on there .....just as you said left the tapes too long and there were lots of 15m.......and then the crowd went mental when a blatant roller by Garrity (having done it all night) was missed by Gay ! .....he said he didn't see it, but he must have been the only one because everyone else did, I think a visit to specsavers is in order Mr Ref.

Then there was argy-bargy between Schleiny and Barker, Ben clearly raising his elbows over Rory but the start line marshall didn't seem to be pulling them apart enough ? (I imagine there was more to it than that because Rory was clearly not happy and he's normally pretty fair minded)

You were spot on there .....just as you said left the tapes too long and there were lots of 15m.......and then the crowd went mental when a blatant roller by Garrity (having done it all night) was missed by Gay ! .....he said he didn't see it, but he must have been the only one because everyone else did, I think a visit to specsavers is in order Mr Ref.

Then there was argy-bargy between Schleiny and Barker, Ben clearly raising his elbows over Rory but the start line marshall didn't seem to be pulling them apart enough ? (I imagine there was more to it than that because Rory was clearly not happy and he's normally pretty fair minded)

dont forget Ben had already fallen in the earluer tussle with Rory (try to drop it on him and bailed out IMO) I think there had already been some words before heat 15....

... and what most fans will not have known is that the Rory/ Ben thing started after heat 11 when they had to be parted in the pits. This then was followed by Ben ending up in a heap in heat 13 and the elbows prior to heat 15 with the handbags finale to top it off!

• Like 2

Barker was very forceful in his riding the previous week at scunny!

Barker was very forceful in his riding the previous week at scunny!

Think some body is going to sort Ben out one of these days ,seems to be playing a little bit to hard at most meetings when you read match reports.