British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Redcar 29/04/17 7:00pm Champ

Another stern test for the Comets who take on the bears who are looking a much stronger team than in recent years and just last night beat Newcastle very convincinly.

With Wright, Barker and Garrity the bears have a formidable top three so Worky will have to be quick offf the starts.

• Like 1

i have tipped redcar to be in the mix come the play offs . a totally different side for 2017 . really strong with some top performers .

the bears are a great side . as long as garrity and barker dont self destruct , they will shock a few this year . in including us on saturay ! :o

there is going to be some good stuff going on , on saturday. :lol:

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Good team Redcar, not surprised by their performance. Some good racing, pity Matt came off in ht 14.

Fair result in the end, Mason fall was 50/50 at best, well done Redcar in getting the draw.

matt willy and mason mercury , both having a good season so far . where are the knockers ? ooh err !

I'm chuffed to bits that Mason's home form is great ... Cookie is helping him enormously in my opinion which shows the sort of guy/Captain that Cookie is

However his away form is yet to be proven imo i.e.4+1(4) at Newcastle he was off the pace and was gifted 2 points due to falls by Diamonds riders. Phillips and Coles that he took points off are at the moment quite weak (ask any Diamonds fan) ... the 2nd place he got he was half a straight behind Ashley Morris. At Glasgow he also managed 4+1(4). You could argue he's making his average away ... but the argument to include him in the team was he'll do better than his average .... for Comets to win away he'll need to score paid 6-7 ... fingers crossed

• Like 1

good to see we all live in a perfect world .

any chance of sorting the next newc missile from the north before trump does and blows us all to fook ?

I'm chuffed to bits that Mason's home form is great ... Cookie is helping him enormously in my opinion which shows the sort of guy/Captain that Cookie is

However his away form is yet to be proven imo i.e.4+1(4) at Newcastle he was off the pace and was gifted 2 points due to falls by Diamonds riders. Phillips and Coles that he took points off are at the moment quite weak (ask any Diamonds fan) ... the 2nd place he got he was half a straight behind Ashley Morris. At Glasgow he also managed 4+1(4). You could argue he's making his average away ... but the argument to include him in the team was he'll do better than his average .... for Comets to win away he'll need to score paid 6-7 ... fingers crossed

You've really got it in for Mason haven't you??? Did he run over your cat or something? There is blantently other Comets riders struggling far more than Mason yet you choose to pick on him... Bizarre.

Did you miss the first 10 words of my post?

No I don't "have it in" for Mason ... but neither am I declaring him as a world beater just yet ... I'm just reflecting about his away form (with some scores/facts) in response to a "good season so far" comment talking about Matt and Mason.

Not sure "other Comets are blatantly struggling"? Why would they do that lol

Did you miss the first 10 words of my post?

No I don't "have it in" for Mason ... but neither am I declaring him as a world beater just yet ... I'm just reflecting about his away form (with some scores/facts) in response to a "good season so far" comment talking about Matt and Mason.

Not sure "other Comets are blatantly struggling"? Why would they do that lol

yes ,we did read the first TEN words of your post . but the last ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN sure go a fair way to slagging him off .

stop doing this please .

long live mason mercury !

yes ,we did read the first TEN words of your post . but the last ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN sure go a fair way to slagging him off .

stop doing this please .

long live mason mercury !

and there was me thinking the first part of the counting challenge would test you jenga let alone the second 😛😆👍
  • Like 1

and there was me thinking the first part of the counting challenge would test you jenga let alone the second

i had to go down the whole street to get the amount of fingers required .

the abacus ran out of beads .

• Like 1

i had to go down the whole street to get the amount of fingers required .

the abacus ran out of beads .

wouldve been easier in Norfolk - less houses needing be visited to achieve the total.

You've really got it in for Mason haven't you??? Did he run over your cat or something? There is blantently other Comets riders struggling far more than Mason yet you choose to pick on him... Bizarre.

"There are clearly" are the words you were looking for DD and yes, there are, Adam Roynon being the most obvious? :( Desperately short of something so far and not looking competitive at all on Saturday, Ht14 could become an issue if he cant find some speed from somewhere, blown away by Andersson this week?

What's exposing the middle order/reserves is the lack of genuine scoring from the Ht leaders at 3/5, Proctor/Jorgensen not getting in among'st the big pts at the moment and it's leaving us a bit short of back up for Cookie?

Campton is under scrutiny this year anyway and we all knew that, his away form, "so far" is a smidgen down, (scores posted prove that) so there's not much of an argument about that, but his home form, especially over the last week or three has been pretty good and competitive, just shows what a bit of investment in equipment can do, well, around DP any road, now, if he carries "that" onto the away tracks he'll be doing alright, wow, never thought I'd say that? :rofl:

Been impressed with Williamson so far, he's doing pretty well and starting to return the sort of scores we always thought he would do, he'll do for me, coming along nicely and so, as a matter of fact, is Rob Shuttleworth, hanging in there and having a go, he'll get better as the season progresses, yeah, got potential!! :t:

Cookie proving to be the top man as was clearly expected, but, it's a long season and he can't do it all on his own? :unsure:

• Like 2