3 Redcar (P6) +5

4 Glasgow (P6) +4

5 Peterborough (P5) +3

6 Sheffield (P5) 0

7 Newcastle (P4) 0

8 Workington (P4) -1

9 Scunthorpe (P9) -5

10 Berwick (P7) -12

Looking forward to seeing Berwick's minus value probably reduce (or at least not increase) given the team changes, Bridger on change of machinery and going as he is capable of, along with Morris, looks like forming a strong top two, plus the other tweaks and Carr potentially dropping back to reserve

Edited by justere2cgoodspeedway

Rather than (P6), (P8), (P6), (P6), (P5) surely it should be (M6), (M8), (M6), (M6), (M5). We don't "play" like football, its "Matches" raced. Just as the BSPA website has the league table with "M" at the head of the first column.

Or maybe you could have "G" for "Games" played thus keeping your preference for "played". ;)

loves a moan
  • Like 2

loves a moan

I was being helpful

No, it was purely constructive and to be of assistance.

I leave "moaning" to you and your kindergarten mentality. You really need to grow up mate.

And apparently you now have a couple of clowns to assist you. ;)

nibble

nibble

No thanks

Rather than (P6), (P8), (P6), (P6), (P5) surely it should be (M6), (M8), (M6), (M6), (M5). We don't "play" like football, its "Matches" raced. Just as the BSPA website has the league table with "M" at the head of the first column.

Or maybe you could have "G" for "Games" played thus keeping your preference for "played". ;)

Edit: contrary to 'thickassh1tbutneaidea' it was just an observation and to be helpful, nowt else, in case you wanted to tweak it, if you don't no worries

Wonderful pedantry but "matches" is a noun and "played" is a verb. Thus, teams play a match. Therefore, either can refer to the particular events chronicled.

However, I'm delighted to have lit the blue touchpaper for what appears to be the start of WW3 between yourself and the grammar police !

Calm down, dears, it's only a forum..

Wonderful pedantry but "matches" is a noun and "played" is a verb. Thus, teams play a match. Therefore, either can refer to the particular events chronicled.

However, I'm delighted to have lit the blue touchpaper for what appears to be the start of WW3 between yourself and the grammar police !

Calm down, dears, it's only a forum..

Don't worry, I was just trying to get a bite, I only managed a nibble

Events chronicled yes, but the teams do not "play a match" :rofl:

Football teams "play" with a ball, so it is correct to say that games are "played". By contrast speedway riders do not "play" with a ball or anything else, nor is it a "game", they race against each other and "matches" or speedway "meetings" take place. I guess that's why the BSPA show league tables with the first column "M" for number of Matches.

Still, if you're happy with it then fine.

Events chronicled yes, but not correct to say "played", the matches take place yes, but they are never "played". Still, if you're happy with it then fine.

As to its only a forum, yes it is but I've no time for the childish antics of idiots like "....neaidea" at least he got the last bit of his username correct.

Don't bother having a nibble as you call, you know I've no time for your stupidity.

'justere2cgoodspeedway' but told me he's not going to another speedway meeting because people didn't like his views on Scunthorpe. At least I don't leave the sport because someone has an apposing view

'justere2cgoodspeedway' but told me he's not going to another speedway meeting because people didn't like his views on Scunthorpe. At least I don't leave the sport because someone has an apposing view

I've been attending less frequently than I used to anyway and you've misquoted but not the done thing at all to quote from a Personal Message and a private discussion and which you now make public.

First of all you are completely out of order to quote from a Personal Message and a private discussion and which you now make public. For that you should apologise.

Secondly, you have actually misquoted me. I did not say that it was because of an opposing view - that is false. There is a world of difference between (1) an "opposing view" and (2) personal attack and abuse which is an altogether different thing entirely. I did also mention in the personal message that my reduced mobility had inevitably reduced my continued attendance but that personal abusiveness did not exactly help and may arguably have hastened it. Nevertheless, I received infinitely more encouraging words etc from other members of this forum whom encouraged me to continue to take an interest in the sport and to them I am grateful. In contrast to their replies and words of encouragement (by personal message) I received no reply from you by personal message, instead you have responded in public and which is a complete no no.

You've misquoted yourself I'm afraid, never mentioned reduced mobility whatsoever, I'm not going to put your message on here obviously so you can check for yourself. You was never personally attacked or abused imo, you just had a different view to other people.

You've misquoted yourself I'm afraid, never mentioned reduced mobility whatsoever, I'm not going to put your message on here obviously so you can check for yourself. You was never personally attacked or abused imo, you just had a different view to other people.

Nowt to do with "different view"

I have checked and the personal message doesn't specifically say the reason it had been coming for a while. However, you have no right to publish a personal message. Why do you indulge in being so infantile and confrontational?

I havn't published anything I'm afraid.

I just don't agree with the majority of your views that's all.

Well the point of this thread has been well and truly murdered.