British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Beowulf

Wolves V Somerset 8th May

Are they being entertained at Somerset though, for years Lynn won nothing but had great racing to enjoy and lots of last heat deciders etc, that was good enough for the Lynn faithful then...

I bet the Wolves fans aren't particularly being entertained by their huge wins apart from winning....

Wins like this are okay on the occasional basis, but not regularly. There's also the average factor, we don't want them sky high !

Cheers guys, wasn't aware of that, thought redandyellow's post was about two separate things and not all tactical related. Can't really see a good reason why it's not allowed,

The rule says that TR has to be for a programmed rider - hence wasn't allowed as he was a reserve replacement.

The TR ride is allowed for R/R as the R/R is a programmed ride in the meeting.

Wins like this are okay on the occasional basis, but not regularly. There's also the average factor, we don't want them sky high !

Maybe they are increasing the averages to ensure they can fit Woffinden in for the play offs :D:D:D

For our first season in "the big time" I don't really give two hoots what we do away from home. Winning at home though has to be a minimum requirement. The racing this season has been second to none and the best for many a year that I can remember.

With a change to the team line up, we should start winning at home i would fancy. It'd be amazing if we could make the play offs but not sure that'll happen.

Agree with this totally Naj. Somersets first ever season in the top flight was always going to be a massive step. Getting battered by the champs away no disgrace. Starting without Charlie and having a reserve who has never seen the track was also not ideal. Wolves doing ok at the moment but it was not that long ago they were propping up the league themselves. Bad luck against Lynn and Swindon have cost us 6 points, let's hope we can turn this around later. We do need a change, it will prob be Jan I would think to allow Starke and Allen to be reserves. Starke recorded two heat wins last night and was described as being quick by a fellow Wolves poster. My spies tell me his machinery is the problem, get that sorted and the Rebels will be very strong in this position. For what it's worth I do not think we will finish bottom, we need the bounce of the ball at home for a change and we will be ok.

Agree with all you have said Cliffeboy !

Wolves are very good at home. Somerset won't be the only team to come away with s drubbing.

Wolves are very good at home. Somerset won't be the only team to come away with s drubbing.

59-30 v Poole

Somerset were very competitive at Belle Vue recently and won the meet but maybe caught the Aces on a off day having said that it was a afternoon meeting and the track dried out very quickly plus the fact that the Belle Vue track is not dissimilar to Somersets.

Tungate that day was awesome, I think the Rebels will be ok.... might need one minor change?

Starke's machinery isn't a problem at Peterborough

One things for sure will take a good team to get the league trophy away from Wolves

One things for sure will take a good team to get the league trophy away from Wolves

You are back. What were you banned for?

You are back. What were you banned for?

Yes he is, & I for one think the forum is better for it

• Like 1

The rule says that TR has to be for a programmed rider - hence wasn't allowed as he was a reserve replacement.

Thanks SZ, but I was actually aware of that rule, just didn't realise that Jake had been sent out on a tactical in Heat 8, as I wasn't there and not got round to reading the comments on updates :t: