British Speedway Forum
Beowulf

Leicester V Wolves 15th May

LeicsCub- I am not so sure that Terry is the problem it's more the lack of shale and clay as now when the track gets wet it turns into sludge as happened at the Somerset match it was over watered before the meeting and track was tricky.

As much as I would like the meeting on with the water already fell and what's expected it may be done difficult

The lack of shale is robbing the riders and the fans who are paying good money.

I hope the club will regularly update fans throughout the afternoon and if in doubt they will make an early decision.

Well I am not sure which of the two hourly forecasts is closest given I have just checked one says it's raining there now till 9pm and the other says clear until 2am tomorrow morning hmmmm

Well I am not sure which of the two hourly forecasts is closest given I have just checked one says it's raining there now till 9pm and the other says clear until 2am tomorrow morning hmmmm

Any updates from the club yet ?

ame="Happy Hunter" post="2958775" timestamp="1494860630"]

Think the club need to put one out now

If a decision needs making I'm sure there will be one.

ame="Happy Hunter" post="2958775" timestamp="1494860630"]

Think the club need to put one out now

Saying what? We're hoping to get the meeting on but we can't be sure?

• Like 1

I suspect it will be on. Latest BBC weather forecast is for some light rain about 7 pm but that's all. Quite windy at the moment. Good drying weather! No worries about late start because of setting sun!

Edited by Happy Hunter

If a decision needs making I'm sure there will be one.

I am also sure many will be thinking it will be off and making other plans with no updates.

You are like minded of those killing the sport clueless because clubs need to be keeping in touch with customers by updating them every hour during match day when the weather is poor.

I think it was a bad move by the new promotion to stop the email notifications including postponements because of bad weather.

Edited by Happy Hunter

I am also sure many will be thinking it will be off and making other plans with no updates.

You are like minded of those killing the sport clueless because clubs need to be keeping in touch with customers by updating them every hour during match day when the weather is poor.

What can they say? It's either off or they're trying to get it on. It's not yet announced as off; therefore they're trying to get it on.

• Like 1