British Speedway Forum
Skid Sprocket

Reason For The Poll On Forum

Get it back on mainstream tv so every kid can watch it otherwise it stays a minority sport.

Not quite sure how a poll will help but are you wanting to poll members to get some backing for your thoughts?

Not quite sure how a poll will help but are you wanting to poll members to get some backing for your thoughts?

No unless the polls carry some weight with the powers that be which is unlikely unfortunately. Most wouldn't bother with a fans forum.

Edited by beefy keefy

No unless the polls carry some weight with the powers that be which is unlikely unfortunately. Most wouldn't bother with a fans forum.

........................................ or the views of said Fans. :sad: :sad: :sad:

The attendance figure poll has been running for two weeks now and stands at 70 - 30 on favour of publishing attendance figures.

Now that the feelings of supporters have been made known on this subject maybe its time to think about closing this poll and starting another on a subject where there are clear cut "Yes" or "No" options such as "Should tactical rides be stopped?" (or any other questionable topic).

Is there any interest in getting the feelings of all members through a poll and not just the ones who speak out by posting?

Another good idea.

Interesting to see the Results of this one.

I think you can already guess where my Vote would go were there to be a Poll. :) :)

........................................ or the views of said Fans. :sad: :sad: :sad:

Another good idea.

I think you can already guess where my Vote would go were there to be a Poll. :) :)

I agree, the powers that be are never going to trawl through the discussions on this or any forum but if they can be presented with the results of simple polls after the discussions have taken place then they must be something to be considered.

What are the priorities? Or are there reasons not to go down this path?

Another good idea.

Thanks WK but it would seem you are the only other one interested in finding a consensus of members views and so unless anyone else is interested maybe just put it down to a missed opportunity for change :sad: .

• Like 1

Thanks WK but it would seem you are the only other one interested in finding a consensus of members views and so unless anyone else is interested maybe just put it down to a missed opportunity for change :sad: .

Pity that Skid.

It would have been interesting - never mind though - you did well to get the Attendance Poll under way.

As the poll has been going for some time now I decided to contact Neil Vatcher to ask what was the official policy on publishing attendance figures and after over ten days and being prompted i got this reply "Sorry about the delay in replying , I will take your views forward."

I replied with "Thanks for your reply.

There is much discussion amongst speedway supporters concerning many aspects of the sport and, as is often the case, there are those who who try to dominate forums etc. This anonymous poll was an attempt to get the views of the silent majority on this particular subject.
As the majority are in favour of publishing figures it would be helpful to know the official view on the matter, for and against.
Six days later still no reply!
Edited by Skid Sprocket

As the poll has been going for some time now I decided to contact Neil Vatcher to ask what was the official policy on publishing attendance figures and after over ten days and being prompted i got this reply "Sorry about the delay in replying , I will take your views forward."

I replied with "Thanks for your reply.

There is much discussion amongst speedway supporters concerning many aspects of the sport and, as is often the case, there are those who who try to dominate forums etc. This anonymous poll was an attempt to get the views of the silent majority on this particular subject.
As the majority are in favour of publishing figures it would be helpful to know the official view on the matter, for and against.
Six days later still no reply!

Surely you are not surprised?

Surely you are not surprised?

Not surprised just hopeful. With a forum of this size this type of anonymous poll could be a useful way of judging supporters feelings on many issues which in turn should lead to less criticism of those in charge if it is seen that the supporters are being listened to.

• Like 1

Not surprised just hopeful. With a forum of this size this type of anonymous poll could be a useful way of judging supporters feelings on many issues which in turn should lead to less criticism of those in charge if it is seen that the supporters are being listened to.

I totally agree with that SS.

The problem is - do the Powers that be actually listen?

Perhaps, if they did, Speedway would be in a lot happier place.

Perhaps "...the powers that be..." checked that the present total of votes was 79 - 54 in favour and 25 NOT in favour. Than equated those figures agains the claimed current BSF membership which is given on site as 15,132.

That indicates a massive 15,053 BSF members have so far not responded.

Edited by Guest

Perhaps "...the powers that be..." checked that the present total of votes was 79 - 54 in favour and 25 NOT in favour. Than equated those figures agains the claimed current BSF membership which is given on site as 15,132.

Skid is at least trying something positive here.

Small numbers yes.

But crucially a reasonable reflection of the views of Speedway Supporters as a whole.

That indicates a massive 15,053 BSF members have so far not responded.

I had thought of that, it just shows that when a chance is given to have a say (that just might be listened to) the vast majority just couldn't care less. This poll was on a less controversial topic partly to get the feeling for such polls maybe that is why it was not subscribed to as well as it could have been

• Like 1

BUT Speedway Star would ...