British Speedway Forum
Barrow Boy 2

Leicester V Rye House 29.05.17

At last an away win, now hopefully we can make a move for the playoffs. Well done everybody but a special mention again for the surprise of the season Ellis Perks

I think he should of been thrown out of the meeting, total disgrace.

On top of an FA Cup win for your Gooners, its been a good few days for the Shads :drink:

I've had worse weekends BP 😎

I think he should of been thrown out of the meeting, total disgrace.

What makes you say that?

Good job Leicester for getting the meeting on. Could have gone either way down to the last heat where staying upright was a task in itself. Sensed the Rockets got a lift and rode harder once in front. Well done to all.

Well done Leicester for getting this meeting on. Could have gone either way up to the last where staying upright in heat 15 was a task. Felt the Rockets sensed victory after going in front and rode a little harder. Well done to all.

Fair play to the Leicester track staff for getting the track into a racing condition, when we got to the track at 12 it was a complete mess.

An excellent win for the Rockets who battled all the way to pick up a well deserved 3 points, a very solid team performance with everyone chipping in. 6/7 Rockets all managed to register at least one race win each. Branford seems to be struggling for pace and didn't really look to get any more than the one point that he got. Scott changed something drastically in his last three heats, as he was woeful in his first two. Hopefully more of the same when we travel to Kings Lynn on the 7th June (Not Holding my Breath). UP THE ROCKETS.

robert72 please explain why Perks should have been thrown out of the meeting?

• Like 1

I like Riss and he has shown commitment to the Lions it's just the meetings that he misses but then all double uppers face the same issue.

Bjerre is not good enough for this league and his gating is as poor as ever and once behind doesn't seem interested. I did think earlier in the season that he may have changed but don't think he has.

To me Leicester need to look to replace Lasse quickly but options seem very limited and it may mean that two changes have to be made to make the team more competitive there was a good Crowd in today but locals will not keep coming especially with tough meetings against Pirates and Belle Vue coming up at home

Finally full and massive credit to all the track staff for working so hard to get the meeting on I don't think I have seen so much work going on for a league meeting and it did produce some racing

Edited by flagrag

Somebody in the Leicester management needs to sort Garrity out by giving him some good old fashioned hairdryer treatment. His eyebrows ought to be smoking tonight.

Fair play to the Leicester track staff for getting the track into a racing condition, when we got to the track at 12 it was a complete mess.

An excellent win for the Rockets who battled all the way to pick up a well deserved 3 points, a very solid team performance with everyone chipping in. 6/7 Rockets all managed to register at least one race win each. Branford seems to be struggling for pace and didn't really look to get any more than the one point that he got. Scott changed something drastically in his last three heats, as he was woeful in his first two. Hopefully more of the same when we travel to Kings Lynn on the 7th June (Not Holding my Breath). UP THE ROCKETS.

robert72 please explain why Perks should have been thrown out of the meeting?

All I saw with Perks was a guy lose a bit of control, in tricky conditions, unfortunately hitting Ayres who was just ahead of him.

Was then correctly excluded from the re-run. And that's all.

Well done to the Rockets, you were better in the second half of the meeting and deserved the win.

• Like 1

All I saw with Perks was a guy lose a bit of control, in tricky conditions, unfortunately hitting Ayres who was just ahead of him.

Was then correctly excluded from the re-run. And that's all.

Well done to the Rockets, you were better in the second half of the meeting and deserved the win.

Quite agree, it seemed totally unintended and Ellis being excluded from the re-run was the right decision on what was a tricky track. Well done to the track staff, we chanced the trip up the motorway even though the weather wasn't looking good and really pleased that the meeting went ahead but more pleased that it was a good close meeting but we won away at last.

• Like 1

Re Perks..coming off turn 2 he was not happy and made hand gestures accordingly, I'm assuming not happy with being blocked off by Ayres. He then flies down back straight and then he collides with Ayres into turn 3. Whether he was chasing hard and lost control or there was more to it only he knows.

Re Perks..coming off turn 2 he was not happy and made hand gestures accordingly, I'm assuming not happy with being blocked off by Ayres. He then flies down back straight and then he collides with Ayres into turn 3. Whether he was chasing hard and lost control or there was more to it only he knows.

The way I saw it, perks was clearly unhappy at Ayres by his waving down the back straight and then sped up and clearly aimed his bike at Ayres and let go of it, pure madness from a hot headed perks,looked crystal clear.

See Lynch has thrown Bjerre under the bus.

Always liked Bjerre but he isn't the answer. Garrity is a problem.

How Lynch can just blame Lasse and not Garrity is beyond me!