British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Ipswich V Newcastle 1june 17

Connor Coles can gate

yeah and if it was a race to the 1st bend, he'd score plenty.

A point worth noting re the meeting is that it could easily not gone ahead with Barabara Horley being taken ill beforehand (best wishes to her btw)

Take a bow Mark Styles for stepping in at the last minute. It mustve been a daunting prospect particularly at such short notice. 👍👏

Dont think there were any glaring errors. Perhaps when Lambert was on his tac ride and Nathan nearly lost it having rounded him off turn 2 it couldve been seen as dangerous/out of control but 50/50

• Like 1

Indeed - the boy done good as they say in the footie.

I assume for the one dodgy start when the tapes went up but no-one moved that perhaps he hadn't switched off the green light?

But at least the riders behaved themselves at the start (apart from King!! (perhaps they had been asked to play nicely?

Must admit that last night's meeting was a shocker, delayed start, excessive falls and reruns and pretty poor racing.

Not really what we pay hard earned money to go and watch!

God knows what they need to do with the track to make more passing possible, I don't know but that's not my job.

Hopefully things will improve and we see a decent meeting next week.

Edited by Super Blue
  • Like 1

Can't be much worse can it?

Well it is Edinburgh coming to town so at least should be another 3 league points in the bag.

Well it is Edinburgh coming to town so at least should be another 3 league points in the bag.

Only 3?

I think we will be going for all 4.

Must admit that last night's meeting was a shocker, delayed start, excessive falls and reruns and pretty poor racing.

Not really what we pay hard earned money to go and watch!

God knows what they need to do with the track to make more passing possible, I don't know but that's not my job.

Hopefully things will improve and we see a decent meeting next week.

Just been looking on the witches Facebook page and not one negative comment on any of it about last night. Comments like great performance and they really enjoyed that meeting, but most on here saying it was a shocker. Just proves people see their speedway differently.

They can prepare a great Racing surface, only trouble is, half the Riders wouldn't be able to ride it, some can't manage to stay on when it's slick.

Shame they can't use the stock car track to make the track bigger/wider rather than taking everything inwards, would never happen but surely possible in some form?

Speedway is an inconvenience to most of the cars brigade..... if only our sponsor has some land to start from stratch ....

Perhaps if ipswich were to develope teams to compete in national basketball, netball and ice hockey leagues then there could be a development in place where one facility caters for all but again won't happen so got to make do with what is there

Peterborough are a different team every time they get thrashed.

You mean, they're a different team every week :P

Reading on Newcastle website George English say to many falls and last places cost them anything from the meeting,4 falls and reserves didnt beat an opponent again out of 8 rides.

That didn't cost us, just our crap reserves in general did, even if they stopped on their bike, they wouldn't have scored, I expected Connor to do a little better, considering how much he rode Ipswich last year...

Connor Coles can gate

But cannot stop on...