British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Baldyman

Ipswich V Newcastle 1june 17

Wouldn't people rather wait 10 minutes for them to sort the track out to make it interesting rather than just keep ploughing ahead with a crappy track? Then again, the meeting was so delayed at the beginning anyway, maybe they were worrying about the curfew...? Dunno when that is at Ipswich

Think it's 10pm

Hope Mr. Louis reads this and sorts the track out before our boys turn up next week.

Even if we were to lose I would like to see some decent racing.

Do people that high up in the sport even read this crap? They probably purposely avoid this website, along with most riders/promoters

Think it's 10pm

What time was it towards the end of the meeting?

I agree, if a paying customer is not happy, it's not very good, but it's hard to keep EVERYONE in the stadium happy, at the end of the day, were the riders happy to go out and race on it... Because that's the most important thing...

There is a difference between racing and going round and round. People don't pay to watch riders go round and round.

Maybe Ipswich should get in another trackman? I understand the current chap has been a loyal servant to the club for many years, but if the track is crap he has to accept responsibility surely?

I refuse to accept that there is anything wrong with the track shape. It used to be famously very tight but that's no longer the case and there's now plenty of room to race.

So if the racing remains poor then I'm sorry but you have to point the finger at those that prepare it.

Edited by Steve Irving

Maybe Ipswich should get in another trackman? I understand the current chap has been a loyal servant to the club for many years, but if the track is crap he has to accept responsibility surely?

I refuse to accept that there is anything wrong with the track shape. It used to be famously very tight but that's no longer the case and there's now plenty of room to race.

So if the racing remains poor then I'm sorry but you have to point the finger at those that prepare it.

Very valid point, is it the trackman? the promoter telling him what he thinks he should do? or is it the shale? ( Sheffield have blamed the shale, so I thought id better chuck that in). But I honestly think us fans deserve an explanation for that dross last night. I honestly think CL does care, I can't believe he thinks last night was acceptable. So come on CL, either point the finger at Bob, or gives us a valid excuse for the awful track prep last night.

• Like 1

Looked to me that it was too grippy on the entry to the turns meaning that the riders had to 'coast' in rather than attack it to be confident of getting a comfortable exit

Very valid point, is it the trackman? the promoter telling him what he thinks he should do? or is it the shale? ( Sheffield have blamed the shale, so I thought id better chuck that in). But I honestly think us fans deserve an explanation for that dross last night. I honestly think CL does care, I can't believe he thinks last night was acceptable. So come on CL, either point the finger at Bob, or gives us a valid excuse for the awful track prep last night.

Last season the racing wasn't the best on a different shale . This year's it's different again. So not sure you can blame the shale. It does have more clay in it, so that will naturally make it more grippy, so maybe it's just a case of preparing more on the slick side.

Even Danny tried one corner wide last night and soon moved straight back to the inside.

I very much doubt chris will come out and blame anyone or anything. This is speedway and it's nearly always been pay up shut up or don't come.

• Like 1

Ive said for a long time, the rules dont matter. Its the actual running of a meeting that needs sorting. Decent presentation, over in 90 minutes.

SCB is spot on with this, my wife went to her first meeting on Thursday at the iow , she has no idea and doesn't care in the slightest about the rules. She enjoyed the racing but couldn't understand the messing about and 2 and half hours to run 15 70 secs races. Tbf to the iow Martins replied that things arnt usually like that and listening to their fans it looked a one off but we all know that in general this is the norm at speedway. Hope to get her to go again but she said herself, a first timer would never return. My youngest came to Stoke with me a few years ago, enjoyed the racing but not the messing about. Result of that, he's not been to a meeting since even though he enjoyed the actual racing

Finished about 9.45

So it was starting to get a little tight for time, maybe they just tried to rush it through... And thought finishing was more important than grading the track... Like they did in Latvia

There is a difference between racing and going round and round. People don't pay to watch riders go round and round.

Oh, I completely agree, but sometimes, due to the weather or a number of different reasons, the track can't be perfect every week, I mean, I've never been to Ipswich, so I can't comment on what it's like week in week out... One crap meeting of riders going round and round is acceptable, but if it is constantly happening, they need to change something during the winter

I think an hours pushing it but unless there's severe delays one hour thirty/fourty should be the max

So it was starting to get a little tight for time, maybe they just tried to rush it through... And thought finishing was more important than grading the track... Like they did in Latvia

There was plenty of grading, but it didn't seem to help with the problems on the first two turns, nor did it improve the racing (not that there was any racing, as such, to improve on). One genuine overtake all night (lap 2 heat 15), tells its own story. That was my 4th (I think) visit to Ipswich. I've seen good racing on it in the past (including the one when it threw it down and they had to put sawdust down, for a KOC Final in October 2012), but last night was poor.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

I believe the shale gets moved onto the car track by stock cars using inside lines.It then gets transferred into a road sweeper lorry and is desposed off.So as the season goes on there less material on the track.I hope they can improve things as nearly every heat had a rider dismount.I saw Ipswich at Scunthorpe where we were entertained with passing on the fourth bend on the final lap.The racing has been like a procession at fox hall

this season

Next race should be lined up good to go unless someone is on two on the trot, as soon as the last guy crosses the line, two minutes