British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fred5

Rebels V Stars Fri 16th June

Speedway and Somerset lost on Friday night !!! Due to heavy handling by the referee in Heat 1. Speedway was dealt a huge blow in my view with the referee excluding Lewis Rose in his first heat, Heat 1. Lewis had arrived in the pits late due to being held up in the notorious grid lock on the M5. It was announced during the introductions that he was running late but was confident of being ready for Heat 1. If Lewis had been in a later heat it would not of mattered. Three riders came to the tapes and Lewis was put on 2 minutes, which expired and he was harshly excluded in my view, much to the delight of some of the Somerset "faithful" which was uncalled for in the circumstances as a wheel had not turned. In the past the start of a meeting has been delayed to allow people outside to access the stadium. Why oh why for the good of speedway and good will toward Kings Lynn couldn't the match be delayed in favour of Lewis to get prepared and take his place in Heat 1 ??? Anytime that was gained by starting the meeting on time was wiped out when waiting for the reserve !!! The ref will claim he was being strict on time as we had a Development League match in the second half !!! The resultant 1 - 5 to Stars was just desserts for the harsh way they and Lewis had been treated and it set the tone for the rest of the match and we lost. Don't give me rules are rules either, they are bent when it suits !!! :nono:

Couldn't disagree more.

The referee got a load of stock from fans where I was stood for 'getting it wrong' but he didn't get anything wrong. Lewis Rose had the same amount of time to get to the meeting as everyone else did, regardless of traffic. Everyone else made it in good time and he didn't. Simple.

You wouldn't catch Chelsea delaying a football match against United because Wayne Rooney was stuck in traffic 🙄

As it turned out, they bought in the brilliant Kai Huckenbeck and the rest is history....

• Like 1

:neutral:

A deserved win for the Stars last night. Slightly confused as to why Kurtz was excluded for the first bend incident with Holder when it appeared from my position that Kurtz's footrest got caught in Holder's front wheel. Although it was Holder that took a tumble, surely a case of 'first bend bunching?'

Kings Lynn certainly turned up to race hard. Their top 4 eventually proving too strong for the depleted Rebels outfit. Holder looked sharp, Lambert very fast, especially in his opening races before he faded. I haven't seen that much of Lambert, only at the OTA where he always looks impressive, but my one observation is that he seems to have the English 'disease' of being a poor gater. Hopefully this will improve over time as I recognise he is still a teenager and has great potential.

Batchelor appears to have regained his enthusiasm and looked excellent when in front. He still lacks the 'killer instinct " that the high class riders possess though. As soon as a rider gets near him pr there's a slightly risky pass to execute (and there were a few of them for him as he was very quick) the tell tale left foot reaches for the shale as a reassurance.

Huckenbeck was simply the match winner for the Stars. He attacked the track from the off and seemed to get faster as the night progressed.

The Rebels seemed a little 'down trodden' last night. Josh got filled in during heat one, Jake Allen was distinctly off colour and rider replacement offered a poor substitute for Charles Wright. Cameron Heeps was sorely missed at reserve and it was noticeable how poor Robert Branford looked. He appears to have gone backwards this season if last night's performance was anything to go by.

The racing last night was surprisingly processional until the second half of the meeting. Graczjonek' s superb pass of Holder was breathtaking. Kurt'z's wheel to wheel battle with Batchelor for all four laps, top class, and Richard Lawson's general riding throughout was imperious.

Another decent crowd at the OTA and pleasing that the crowds are returning each week despite their poor home record. I still believe a full strength Rebels team will take some beating around their home track

Just an observation on a rider who featured in the second half of the meeting for Kent Kings. I know a few Swindon fans have commented on him previously, but young Anders Rowe at 15 years old looks a brilliant prospect. Dare I say it, but the young lad has an "arm chair' racing style, so similar to a certain..... no I won't say it......

Edited by Aroundtheboards
  • Like 1

Maybe the rebels should use a massive water bowser before each meeting as a soaked track doesn't effect the racing and they ride far better in those conditions.

Couldn't disagree more.

The referee got a load of stock from fans where I was stood for 'getting it wrong' but he didn't get anything wrong. Lewis Rose had the same amount of time to get to the meeting as everyone else did, regardless of traffic. Everyone else made it in good time and he didn't. Simple.

You wouldn't catch Chelsea delaying a football match against United because Wayne Rooney was stuck in traffic

As it turned out, they bought in the brilliant Kai Huckenbeck and the rest I

Edited by Aroundtheboards

Moving up a league hasn't got masses to do with it, other than the World Cup week. There is still nearly just as many fixtures in total - however the fixture list seems to have been put together by Starman or something as it is awful right across the board.

Give it a rest pillock, it was the same last season.

Give it a rest pillock, it was the same last season.

Can you not see that that makes it even worse - that it was messed up last season and they've managed to make the same mistakes again this year?

• Like 3

Speedway and Somerset lost on Friday night !!! Due to heavy handling by the referee in Heat 1. Speedway was dealt a huge blow in my view with the referee excluding Lewis Rose in his first heat, Heat 1. Lewis had arrived in the pits late due to being held up in the notorious grid lock on the M5. It was announced during the introductions that he was running late but was confident of being ready for Heat 1. If Lewis had been in a later heat it would not of mattered. Three riders came to the tapes and Lewis was put on 2 minutes, which expired and he was harshly excluded in my view, much to the delight of some of the Somerset "faithful" which was uncalled for in the circumstances as a wheel had not turned. In the past the start of a meeting has been delayed to allow people outside to access the stadium. Why oh why for the good of speedway and good will toward Kings Lynn couldn't the match be delayed in favour of Lewis to get prepared and take his place in Heat 1 ??? Anytime that was gained by starting the meeting on time was wiped out when waiting for the reserve !!! The ref will claim he was being strict on time as we had a Development League match in the second half !!! The resultant 1 - 5 to Stars was just desserts for the harsh way they and Lewis had been treated and it set the tone for the rest of the match and we lost. Don't give me rules are rules either, they are bent when it suits !!! :nono:

What a load of rubbish.

Can you not see that that makes it even worse - that it was messed up last season and they've managed to make the same mistakes again this year?

Absolutely correct.

• Like 1