British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue Bt Sports 26/6/17

I didn't do it to stir you up, just thought you and Stevebrum have a similar kind of discussion to the other four posters mentioned.

Any chance to have a go.

Thankfully I don't get into conversations with awful personal attackers like that anymore.

I prefer to let their own vile words do the talking. Liars I can't tolerate anyway.

I once saw Larry Ross' front wheel give way as he entered turn three at Swindon. Grim doesn't cover it.

I can imagine. He'd be going a hell of a lick at that point on the circuit, too.

rubbish stirring AGAIN!

As you mention it I see brum accusing another forum user of bragging just because he mentioned he follows his team just because he's nothing to brag about in his sad little life.

Happy now?

It was already awake but taking the piss out of one of brums conditions is much frowned upon on this forum or hadn't you noticed?

Fair enough.

Just to let you know brum has claimed to be an insomniac so posting anything relating to being 'awake' or the like risks being bollocked by foreverblue or trolled by it.

Indeed, he only mentioned me to stir rubbish up again, I can understand your name check as you had already trolled the thread with yet another pathetic personal insult, this time about bragging, what is wrong with you? Mentioning that you support your team home and away isn't bragging. Still on about the multi account bollox despite previously having more than one Facebook account, look I know you were probably told to cancel you other Facebook account, get over it!

See what you've done?

I'll accept that brum had already trolled the thread with his bragging personal insult before you called him out as 'similar' (well that's how you justified it anyway) but now he's gone off on one even calling people liars now!

Brums personal insult count in this thread: 2.

5 insults and attacks and counting.

And no doubt rising.

No doubt I have made its day by replying.

How likely was Hans Andersen's mechanical failure caused by the condition of the track?

Before the heat Hans was by the pit gate with his mechanic doing something rather urgently to Hans back wheel. With the clock at 20 seconds Hans just left and sped around to the gate. Clearly the work being done hadn't been finished and off came the chain before the first bend.

Observations / opinions from Monday ,

Craig Cook can definitely make the step up and possibly do a 'Jason Doyle'

Dan Bewley is British speedways great white hope and WILL be world champion one day

And in Kurtz and J Holder the Pirates have two riders potentially as good as the C Holder / D Ward combo

Thoughts ?

Edited by WestGorton1884

Dan Bewley is British speedways great white hope and WILL be world champion one day

And in Kurtz and J Holder the Pirates have two riders potentially as good as the C Holder / D Ward combo

Thoughts ?

1. No- Cook is a great in Britain rider but still hasnt made it abroad and not sure he will..

2. Dont think he will world champion but is certainly very very good and could make the GPs

3. Maybe in the British league but even that is unlikely.

1. No- Cook is a great in Britain rider but still hasnt made it abroad and not sure he will..

2. Dont think he will world champion but is certainly very very good and could make the GPs

3. Maybe in the British league but even that is unlikely.

Would love to see jack and Brady as the next Turbo twins, but there is one difference,Darcy Ward, there will never be another talent like that, he was a one off

• Like 1

Thoughts ?

Cook could struggle to hold his own in Ole Olsen's Flying Circus - I hope not, I'd like to see him have a good spell at the top, but I wonder if lack of experience might tell against him

Dan is certainly one to look out for, but much too early to predict where he'll get to - all one can say is he's started well on his career

Brady and Jack, if they can keep out of trouble on their home track, have the potential to be very, very good - whether they can emulate Chris and Darcy, perhaps just fall short of that level, but should have lots of success

• Like 1

Thoughts ?

Would love to see Cookie do well in the GP's, I think the bigger tracks though are the ones he could struggle with.

Dan has everything to be the next British world champ apart from 1 thing, stringing together 7 good starts, he does have plenty of time though to put that right.

both Kurzt and Holder have potential, time will tell how much

Would love to see jack and Brady as the next Turbo twins, but there is one difference,Darcy Ward, there will never be another talent like that, he was a one off

Darcy was probably the most gifted rider of his time, but certainly not a 1 off, Peter Craven, Jack Parker, Ove Fundin, Ole Olsen, Peter Collins, Ivan Mauger, the list is endless. Darcy has joined the list of greats, sadly we will never know how great he could've been.

Edited by hyderd
  • Like 2

as good as Darcy was he wasn't a one off. Seen many with as much talent and some made it like Craven , Collins, Loram and Gollob and others although very good never hit the top level like Screen and Kelly Moran. We will never know how far Darcy would have got. The talent was there but it was doubtful if the application was. We sadly will never know and for that reason as good as Darcy was he can't be considered a great
  • Like 3

Very true. Darcy took a lot of undue flack, but as a rule he was as good as gold. As for the turbo twins mk 2 you may have to wait a few year yet, but both continue to improve.

The problem for Craig is he's not given the chances he deserves. He would be fine over a GP season - given the chance.

I've no doubt he will continue to have riders like Dudek, Milik, Kildermand, MJJ and Zagar trailing in the standings in the next round and into the GP's so he should qualify from the challenge but should something go wrong I hope he gets a wildcard.

Woffy got one after finishing his season on a sub 7.50 average as third heat leader at Wolves and wasn't even National Champion. I also hope that if the situation arose where Craig fluffed his debut year he would get another wildcard pick a year or two later as Tai did.

I guess it's if the face fits rather than pure ability and that does somewhat diminish some achievements in the GPs.

I'd love to see Craig thumping the British flag on his chest after a deserved win for the Brits.

• Like 2

Regarding Bewley ,

Not been this excited by a young British rider since Kenny Carter,

only 18 but yet looks in complete control on a Speedway bike whatever the conditions

Edited by WestGorton1884
  • Like 3

Very true. Darcy took a lot of undue flack, but as a rule he was as good as gold. As for the turbo twins mk 2 you may have to wait a few year yet, but both continue to improve.

undue flack are you for real? One of the most talented riders I've ever seen and what happened was tragic 100%. But under the helmet was a brash cocky person who had frequent mishaps often on the wrong side of the law. The off the track flack was absolutely justified
  • Like 6