British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Sheffield Ch2 12-7-17 @7-30pm

Couldn't make it last night but a very solid win again. Only Glasgow worry me over 2 legs

Not the best of meetings, but got better as the night went on. But harsh to moan about the track as it was probably still under water in the morning. Hopefully Nathan S will make a quick recovery, certainly appears to be a season of bad luck for young reserves.

That's the best I've seen Howarth and kurtz perform at foxhall. Kyle is obviously benefiting from having a big and small home track to race on this year.

As for the meeting, I think the track was in good shape considering the amount of water it must have taken over night. Sheffield kept the score very close and they had a really good mid meeting which kept it interesting. Hope Stoneman recovers soon. He obviously knew he was in need of attention instantly as he waved to the medical staff for attention straight away. Maybe they could have got to him a bit quicker? Maybe the tractor entering the track didn't help their cause in getting to him.

Edited by baldyman

Re the track - I thought it was in excellent shape

I heard that they actually needed to water it in the afternoon!!

• Like 1

I thought the track was good last night, yes it had to be attacked but was a fair race track. Sheffield's riders seem to adapt to it quicker than the Witches riders. My only complaint would be that there doesn't seem to be an inside line which is frustrating as that was part of the reasoning for the track work in the close season. I didn't think the track was to blame for Nathan's fall, from where I stood it looked like he ran out of room.

I thought the track was good last night, yes it had to be attacked but was a fair race track. Sheffield's riders seem to adapt to it quicker than the Witches riders. My only complaint would be that there doesn't seem to be an inside line which is frustrating as that was part of the reasoning for the track work in the close season. I didn't think the track was to blame for Nathan's fall, from where I stood it looked like he ran out of room.

the inside line takes a very brave move - Bates tried it last night and ended up excluded (probably correctly but a little unlucky IMO)

I enjoyed both the Sheffield meeting and Workington .I think the track has improved the last month or so.There are less falls on the second bend.I think having stronger opposition makes the racing better to watch.The witches are still coming out on top but it's not one sided

Apologies go out to the 3 people that decided to sit infront of the massif last night. For some reason they quickly left during the parade. 📢🔔🎵🎵🎷🎸🎺🎻🎹

• Like 4

Apologies go out to the 3 people that decided to sit infront of the massif last night. For some reason they quickly left during the parade.

Betting was on them moving after Heat 2 .

Apologies go out to the 3 people that decided to sit infront of the massif last night. For some reason they quickly left during the parade. 📢🔔🎵🎵🎷🎸🎺🎻🎹

I thought it was Cookie and 2 mates but they had moved to a covered area with the threat of rain.....😂😂

• Like 1