British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Woffy Vs Rosco

Darcy Ward is probably the exception to the rule regarding diet and fitness

I obviously haven't a clue about how healthily he ate or if he ever went to the gym. I'd hazard a guess they weren't top of his priorities but I do believe he could've been the Senior World Champion and very likely a multiple one.

I can say for a fact in the 40 odd years I've been watching the sport he was the most naturally gifted I've seen.

• Like 2

HE was pretty dam good. Id say it was the mental side of it that let him down more than the fitness side at GP/World cup level.

The likes of Greg, Nicki, Tai work just as hard on that side of it.

HE was pretty dam good. Id say it was the mental side of it that let him down more than the fitness side at GP/World cup level.

The likes of Greg, Nicki, Tai work just as hard on that side of it.

I'd say that Nicki has always had a considerable advantage on that side of things, with him being quite mental to begin with..

2015 he realized it was a sht show. He made up his mind it was a sht show but rode in 2016 as it was at home, GB were seeded straight to the final, there was nothing to do with the qualifiers or politics involved with BSPA/Team GB. After that he spoke about how Team GB should approach things in the future. BSPA said no dice, hence he said he was done with team GB.

With regards to the world games, as Phil Rising said earlier, Rosco's involvement would have been minimal and Woffinden rides for Wroclaw, who desperately wanted him there. It's not rocket science.

​I'm not being awkward, just trying to explain the reasoning behind it all. Fair enough you probably still disagree with me.

You lost me he gave a statement saying he missed the world cup saying he was having a holiday with girlfriend ..quite clearly that was yet another change of story

I'd say that Nicki has always had a considerable advantage on that side of things, with him being quite mental to begin with..

hahahahahahahahaha

I think I answered those both before. Its not black and white. Inconsistent as it is, its not that hard to see why he did 2016 world cup on home soil and why he assumed he'd be picked for GB team on his home track.

Think you've explained it pretty well, for a one off meeting, high profile event,in the right location Woffinden is prepared to forget all his issues with the BSPA, Alun Rossiter etc , but for other events,maybe more than 1 meeting, away from home for a bit, he is prepared to call on differences with the BSPA,Rossiter,British speedway that date back as far as 2015 as to why he can't participate Glad we got that sorted.

Im not sure if youre being sarcastic or not but if Ive not explained it well apologies

Think you've explained it pretty well, for a one off meeting, high profile event,in the right location Woffinden is prepared to forget all his issues with the BSPA, Alun Rossiter etc , but for other events,maybe more than 1 meeting, away from home for a bit, he is prepared to call on differences with the BSPA,Rossiter,British speedway that date back as far as 2015 as to why he can't participate Glad we got that sorted.

Not getting it are you.

The World Games was on Woffys home track in Wroclaw, whose promoters wanted him to ride in the meeting help to boost the attendance. As you have been told by higher sources, Rosco was hardly involved.........have you really understood why he asked to ride yet?

I thought at the time of the World Games announcements that Tai was asked if he was available to ride in the meeting by bspa. He said yes and then they didn't pick him.

I thought at the time of the World Games announcements that Tai was asked if he was available to ride in the meeting by bspa. He said yes and then they didn't pick him.

That is news to me.

That is what Tai said at the time. He also said he wanted to pick his team mate which is probably one of the reasons why he wasn't picked.

That is what Tai said at the time. He also said he wanted to pick his team mate which is probably one of the reasons why he wasn't picked.

No he didn't say that, he said he would like 'input' into the choice.

Darcy Ward is probably the exception to the rule regarding diet and fitness

I obviously haven't a clue about how healthily he ate or if he ever went to the gym. I'd hazard a guess they weren't top of his priorities but I do believe he could've been the Senior World Champion and very likely a multiple one.

I can say for a fact in the 40 odd years I've been watching the sport he was the most naturally gifted I've seen.

There are always exceptions to any rule. Darcy in speedway, George Best and Gazza in football. But let's please not pretend they make it OK to ignore the most important things such as healthy eating, fitness and the correct head and mind. It's all important. If one aspect is missing, whichever one, the chances of succeeding (and staying at the top for anu length of time) are drastically reduced.

Isn't that the same thing?

• Like 1

And what if they decided that whilst his input was valuable they didnt agree that the rider Tai advised was the best for the competetion... id be willing to bet the toys would of come out again