British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Super Blue

Ipswich V Newcastle Ch 20-7-17@7-30pm

again newcastle,s two reserves totally outscored wehave been pathetic all season

waste of time except for worral and lambert george wake up man

That's a very strong post lol... I don't think we've been pathetic or a waste of time... We're just not one of the top teams this year... I agree our reserves have struggled a lot... But that's the only way we could have both Robert AND Steve in the same team...

I think Ludvig and Ashley have done their job... Even if Ashley should still be a reserve and Lewis was coming on great before his injury :( Hopefully Robson can come in and fill the gap (Which I'm 99.99999% sure he will...) As well as this, Ben Hopwood has shown glimpses of goodness this year and if his average somehow drops below 2.00... He'd make a good number 7 for next year... :)

Edited by Dandelion

Hiya Dandelion I'm a big fan of Ashley obviously since watching him a good few years ago but I really think he should be at least heat leader now in the championship. A bit like Tom Perry. I remember when we came back thinking these two are going to be GP riders but in reality there a million miles from the young Poles

Hiya Dandelion I'm a big fan of Ashley obviously since watching him a good few years ago but I really think he should be at least heat leader now in the championship. A bit like Tom Perry. I remember when we came back thinking these two are going to be GP riders but in reality there a million miles from the young Poles

Ashley shouldn't be a heat leader... Maybe with the amount of time he's been riding, you could argue that, but he just doesn't have the ability to be a heat leader... I can't say anything for Tom, barely see him ride, but I imagine his story must be similar... Maybe they've reached their peak or maybe they're just slow growers, but that doesn't matter, not EVERYONE can be world champion, we need reserves, we need second strings and we need heat leaders :)

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

We have been crying out for a team to challenge for the league since we dropped down to the second tier, now we have one some fans are crying out that they are not being entertained. Some are never happy.

With this team at home I can't see anyone beating us unless we lose some riders during a meeting. Teams seem to come to Ipswich already beaten and it shows in their attitude & riding. It takes two teams to make an entertaining match and we have only had a couple of teams who have come with the right attitude and put up a fight. You can't blame the promotion for this as Chris has changed the track for the past two seasons.

It's up to the individual if they don't want to come to a meeting, but lets get behind this team and push them on to hopefully some silverware at the end of the season.

Totally agree with your post Bash