British Speedway Forum

Poole 2018

7 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Been many times thanks, but it's been poor for several seasons now. 

Let's see if its actually worked this time.

Steve, when we get some settled weather the track will be the best its been sinse 0-11.  As ive said umpteen times, its nigh on imposible to prepare a track properly how you would like it if you have near permanant rain. Glyns work will reap rewards and the riders were very happy with things on P&P day so it can only get better.

8 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Steve, when we get some settled weather the track will be the best its been sinse 0-11.  As ive said umpteen times, its nigh on imposible to prepare a track properly how you would like it if you have near permanant rain. Glyns work will reap rewards and the riders were very happy with things on P&P day so it can only get better.

Like you say no one can judge any track at the moment so when conditions improve everyone will see how the remedial work handles and if it improves the awful bumps.

I hope it does as I used to rate the Poole track highly. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Like you say no one can judge any track at the moment so when conditions improve everyone will see how the remedial work handles and if it improves the awful bumps.

I hope it does as I used to rate the Poole track highly. 

It will, Glyns very professional, believe me.

19 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Only reason Swindon won the league last year was because you got lucky in the final. And nearly made a complete mess of that as well!

You're only jealous. We were far away the best side in the league last season. The unbeaten winning streak showed that. Why don't you admit, you keep saying that Gavin is a troll when you are no better. Your problem is that you can't see the bigger picture, all you you see is Poole.

Edited by DunRobin
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, DunRobin said:

You're only jealous. We were far away the best side in the league last season. The unbeaten winning streak showed that. Why don't you admit, you keep saying that Gavin is a troll when you are no better. Your problem is that you can't see the bigger picture, all you you see is Poole.

So you are saying you were not lucky in the final? Seriously? What on earth have I to be jealous about?

This has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Poole. We were not in the final. Wolverhampton were missing their top two! And you only scrapped over the line with Wolves putting out such a weakened team. That was lucky for Swindon. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So you are saying you were not lucky in the final? Seriously?

How were they lucky? They raced badly in the 1st meeting & made up for it in the 2nd. Your trouble is THAT YOU HATE SWINDON. You didn't enjoy living there & you can't forget that.

1 minute ago, poole keith said:

whos name is on the trophy end of

Not the point I am making. Swindon got lucky in the final with Wolves missing their top two riders. The struggled to beat the very weak team Wolves had to put out.

2 minutes ago, DunRobin said:

How were they lucky? They raced badly in the 1st meeting & made up for it in the 2nd. Your trouble is THAT YOU HATE SWINDON. You didn't enjoy living there & you can't forget that.

I hate Swindon? Are you kidding me? I most certainly do not. And I was at the County Ground last week cheering on stfc in their pathetic efforts to try and beat Yeovil, which they failed to do.

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Not the point I am making. Swindon got lucky in the final with Wolves missing their top two riders. The struggled to beat the very weak team Wolves had to put out.

And Poole have never won a meeting against a weakened side, so that means that is you win at NSS, you will be lucky. You forget how many meetings we had to ride with either a weakened or a side with an injured Jason Doyle, who has since admitted that he didn't give his all in those league meetings.

4 hours ago, Najjer said:

I'd rather stick with the ones we've got already thanks.

Nothing wrong with your promotion and Team manager, they do a good job ive said this before, if you cared to read my posts., im talking about any other club they would love to have Matt as threre promoter. But just to appease you i will write it word for word there you go, you can now go back to playing with your Abacus.. :D

Edited by Starman2006