British Speedway Forum

I thought Batch was just sacked and Holders ban was from the SCB not buster.

Correct the ban for Holder was not from Buster

Batchelor was sacked by his club for being injured and couldnt ride anywhere else which was wrong

Holder was sacked by his club for refusing to get on his bike and ride...........................why would you want a serial whinger in your side. Given a 6 month ban for refusing to race...............we dont need him over here

Fact is Holder is a shadow of his former self (his crash and Darcy maybe to blame). I dont think he likes that and throws his toys out all the time.

Maybe the last we see of him over here and in the GP as well and i wont miss him thats for sure.

No because its poole related.. :icon_smile_clown:

On point one. Good for Buster, why should he let an employee of his, mess him about and then make him available to a rival?? Good business sense if you ask me. And would Holder have gone to Poole anyway?

On point two what makes you so sure Holder would sign for Poole, again just guesswork. Holder deserved his ban end of.

Your only bitter because you might possibly have Holder back, any other rider you wouldnt give a damn.

Chris Holder being banned isnt an agenda against Poole speedway get your head out of your backside.

You can agree or disagree with the ban but to say its against Poole speedway is just pathetic............Was Batchelors ban against Poole as well then?

Batchelor treated much harsher than Holder but dont see you moaning about that....oh thats right Batch isnt on your shopping list for next season!

Holder is a self-employed worker not an employee.

I think, irrespective of whether anyone agrees with Holder, that the ban is harsh. He works for himself and because he has managed to upset the village idiot in Norfolk he ends up with a ban that somehow does not fit the crime. The knock on effect to Holder it may affect his ability to work in the country. I would say that's a harsh price to pay for having principles. There are plenty of p*** takers that have shafted British speedway only to have a 28 day ban only. To make an example of Holder is victimisation and not consistent with the previous p*** poor approach by the BSPA where other riders have managed to ride in other countries despite sick notes being produced in the UK.

I cant imagine too many people on here would be chuffed if they believed in something, stood up for themselves and was shafted in the way Holder was.

Finally, Gavan isn't anti-Poole he puts up reasonable arguments for his views. Just because they are diometrically opposed to those opinions expressed by Poole fans doesn't make him wrong or a troll.

• Like 1

Batchelor was sacked by his club for being injured and couldnt ride anywhere else which was wrong

Holder was sacked by his club for refusing to get on his bike and ride...........................why would you want a serial whinger in your side. Given a 6 month ban for refusing to race...............we dont need him over here

Fact is Holder is a shadow of his former self (his crash and Darcy maybe to blame). I dont think he likes that and throws his toys out all the time.

Maybe the last we see of him over here and in the GP as well and i wont miss him thats for sure.

HAHAHAHAHAHA that made me laugh. You actually believe the BS you post on here don't you. Sacked for being injured HAHAHAHAHA!

You would argue with someone about the gender of the 3rd royal baby if you had the chance wouldn't you?

Holder is a self-employed worker not an employee.

I think, irrespective of whether anyone agrees with Holder, that the ban is harsh. He works for himself and because he has managed to upset the village idiot in Norfolk he ends up with a ban that somehow does not fit the crime. The knock on effect to Holder it may affect his ability to work in the country. I would say that's a harsh price to pay for having principles. There are plenty of p*** takers that have shafted British speedway only to have a 28 day ban only. To make an example of Holder is victimisation and not consistent with the previous p*** poor approach by the BSPA where other riders have managed to ride in other countries despite sick notes being produced in the UK.

I cant imagine too many people on here would be chuffed if they believed in something, stood up for themselves and was shafted in the way Holder was.

Finally, Gavan isn't anti-Poole he puts up reasonable arguments for his views. Just because they are diometrically opposed to those opinions expressed by Poole fans doesn't make him wrong or a troll.

Correct, i believe Holder deserved a ban and you dont and thats fine and we can debate that like adults..........trouble is you get the same juvenile responses from the same people

HAHAHAHAHAHA that made me laugh. You actually believe the BS you post on here don't you. Sacked for being injured HAHAHAHAHA!

You would argue with someone about the gender of the 3rd royal baby if you had the chance wouldn't you?

And the proof you get juvenile responses is right here.

You keep going on about BS.........................you said that when i correctly predicted the Somerset result. Are you sticking to this username or you still got about 8 others?

Did Batchelor have a medical certificate?? YES

Im not saying it that he was genuinely injured but he did have that certificate...............please tell me again which part of that is BS?

Correct, i believe Holder deserved a ban and you dont and thats fine and we can debate that like adults..........trouble is you get the same juvenile responses from the same people

And the proof you get juvenile responses is right here.

You keep going on about BS.........................you said that when i correctly predicted the Somerset result. Are you sticking to this username or you still got about 8 others?

Did Batchelor have a medical certificate?? YES

Im not saying it that he was genuinely injured but he did have that certificate...............please tell me again which part of that is BS?

You can see what part.

I'm right and your wrong. Batchelor walked out and Buster sacked him for it end of story. That's why Buster said in his statement that he was upset with the attitude from a couple of his riders.

Couple means 2 riders - Holder and Batchelor

They both got sacked for the same reason so bye bye Gavan there isn't anything else to discuss.

Wouldn't it be nice to get back to what this topic is about i.e Poole 2018.

Some seem to have lock stock and barrel transferred the Chris Holder Topic over to Poole 2018.

It depressing reading the same thing trolled over and again now on this topic :cry: .

Come on guys if any want to bang on about CH/Batch and their sackings/bans then move it over to the other topic. I for one (and no doubt others) would like to have our topic back please. It seems to be highjacked by this old news.

The CH situation will no doubt conclude depending on the appeal (whenever that is) and hopefully it can be put to bed whether the sentence be reduced/extended or maintained. Until then as a Poole supporter I would like our topic back please. Bang the argument out on the CH thread if you guys want to continue knocking crap out of each other opinion wise.

• Like 2

Wouldn't it be nice to get back to what this topic is about i.e Poole 2018.

Some seem to have lock stock and barrel transferred the Chris Holder Topic over to Poole 2018.

It depressing reading the same thing trolled over and again now on this topic :cry: .

Come on guys if any want to bang on about CH/Batch and their sackings/bans then move it over to the other topic. I for one (and no doubt others) would like to have our topic back please. It seems to be highjacked by this old news.

The CH situation will no doubt conclude depending on the appeal (whenever that is) and hopefully it can be put to bed whether the sentence be reduced/extended or maintained. Until then as a Poole supporter I would like our topic back please. Bang the argument out on the CH thread if you guys want to continue knocking crap out of each other opinion wise.

at least gavan knows his speedway the other one never been fo speeedway in his life
  • Like 1

at least gavan knows his speedway the other one never been fo speeedway in his life

*to*

Got any proof of that?

Of course you haven't.

I have spouted a lot about Gavan and his knowledgeable and interesting comments on the sport. He supplies both entertainment and worthwhile comment to the SF.

But Gavan knows full well that some of what he says is waving a red rag to a bull. Some of it is fun and there is a lot of positive input in what he has to say so I welcome him and his comments/input.

Just feel that this CH/Batch thing gets out of control and should be on the Holder sacked topic. But suppose that topic has lost its appeal on Holder sacked so it gets dragged out all over again on Poole 2018.

I welcome Gavans comments/opinions on rider ideas and those put up by others whether he agrees or disagrees as this is what this forum is all about. But as for the Holder/Batch thing. Come on guys not on this topic please :-)

Getting back to Poole 2018 :-)

Skidder alerted us to how well Frederik Jakobsen has developed since last year and I flwd up with some comments yesterday evening on this undoubtedly talented young rider.

His team Poznan were hammered in PL 2 semis yesterday in scoring only 33 points, BUT his score was

Frederik Jakobsen - 12 (1,3,0,2,3,3)

This on top of him top scoring for DK in World Team U21 final on Sunday.

This lad is only 19 and only his 3rd year on a 500cc Bike. Has been finishing his studies in DK this year.

Again I say if he could be signed on a low BSPA av (and why not with no UK league exp) or Polish EXL or Nice 1.

Maybe worth a punt as possibly the next big Danish rider ??

He guested at an end of season meeting at Poole last year on an invite from Matt and also issued a come and get me to the Club in late October (article in Bournemouth Echo)

I would like to see Matt sign him if he could get him at a low av as bags of potential imo. Believe his studies finish now so could be an all in rider for 2018 ??

Any thoughts or comments ??

Getting back to Poole 2018 :-)

Skidder alerted us to how well Frederik Jakobsen has developed since last year and I flwd up with some comments yesterday evening on this undoubtedly talented young rider.

His team Poznan were hammered in PL 2 semis yesterday in scoring only 33 points, BUT his score was

Frederik Jakobsen - 12 (1,3,0,2,3,3)

This on top of him top scoring for DK in World Team U21 final on Sunday.

This lad is only 19 and only his 3rd year on a 500cc Bike. Has been finishing his studies in DK this year.

Again I say if he could be signed on a low BSPA av (and why not with no UK league exp) or Polish EXL or Nice 1.

Maybe worth a punt as possibly the next big Danish rider ??

He guested at an end of season meeting at Poole last year on an invite from Matt and also issued a come and get me to the Club in late October (article in Bournemouth Echo)

I would like to see Matt sign him if he could get him at a low av as bags of potential imo. Believe his studies finish now so could be an all in rider for 2018 ??

Any thoughts or comments ??

With the riders we are signing I doubt he would get in the team. If Ellis is true.

But I would like to see him as an asset then loaned out for a year. Would be good if he did two leagues here and probs Somerset that seems to be our b team/full of our assets.

Another big name rider surely has to be Vaculik. I know he is 8th right now in the GP but if he doesn't make it he might not get a wildcard and that would open up a move back to Poole. Considering that Matt started his pursuit of Vaculik in 2012 could finally see him here!

You have to remember its a different set up here in England. We have seen many riders struggle over here in the past.

Look at Mikkel Bech's score yesterday in Poland. Yet Mikkel never pulled up any trees in the UK.

• Like 1

I may have underestimated Ellis.

His scores in first part of the season were dire to say the least. But like Swindon his scores have improved markedly in the second half of the season and its those first half scores which are reflected in his new 5.45 GSA up from 5.

I checked Swindon meeting stats and he has indeed put in plenty of good solid scores the last 2/3 months.

If the thinking is to tighten up those 2 reserve berths with solid scorers, then knowing Woryna will almost certainly be out of reserve come first GSA in 2018 it would then be wise to have 2 solid scoring guys in there. Meaning that the likes of Ellis/Newman/Klindt ???/Jakobsen if he could be given a low GSA would for sure make it interesting.

Would still like to see Kurtz/Holder jr back with the top end open to discussion/conjecture.