British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

I think he makes a point.

Holder says he didn’t just take a stand for his own benefit. He added: “I remember when I first started. When you’re not an established rider, your voice doesn’t get heard. I remember when we raced bad tracks and I’d just get on with it and do my best.

“But when a top, established guy would say something, you’d think ‘thank God someone said something. Now something is going to happen.’ Obviously he (Chapman) has a problem with listening to people, but that’s his deal.”

Chapman needs to walk. Chris will win his appeal as riders will stick up for him.

Huckenbeck and Lambert didnt bother going out in a Heat that night either. Wasnt just Chris. Just Buster being a brat because he doesnt want us to sign Chris on a low 7 something average next season.

Chapman needs to walk. Chris will win his appeal as riders will stick up for him.

They didn't appear to that night.

Huckenbeck and Lambert didnt bother going out in a Heat that night either. Wasnt just Chris. Just Buster being a brat because he doesnt want us to sign Chris on a low 7 something average next season.

Maybe that was Matt Fords plan, he couldnt have CH this year as the team points were too high, Could it have been something like "there you are Chris, KLynn will have you, just drop your average this year and come back here for 2018 on a low average".

If the plan was anything like that then Pooles bubble has been burst and I cant blame Chapman if he saw what the plan was and was not going to go along with it.

Poole has worked the system over the years, all praise given to their leader for that by Poole fans, but when someone else catches on that person gets derided, and by whom - a Poole Pirates Fanatic.

"What goes round comes round." is one saying I can think of, another "you reap what you sow".

Poole can still sign him. He has 60 days to find employment. If he agrees terms with another club for next year that counts and will ensure the continuity of his visa. If he doesn't he has to sit out a year and re apply.

Poole can still sign him. He has 60 days to find employment. If he agrees terms with another club for next year that counts and will ensure the continuity of his visa. If he doesn't he has to sit out a year and re apply.

Probably already signed for 2018 then along with Kacper Woryna.

Surely Chris Holder wouldn't even dream of riding here next year??

Why on earth would he associate himself with such 'garbage'?

Not garbage at Poole and has to ride here.

Neil as manager. Chris riding in the same team as his brother and Brady = Happy Chris and great team spirit

I think he makes a point.

Holder says he didn’t just take a stand for his own benefit. He added: “I remember when I first started. When you’re not an established rider, your voice doesn’t get heard. I remember when we raced bad tracks and I’d just get on with it and do my best.

“But when a top, established guy would say something, you’d think ‘thank God someone said something. Now something is going to happen.’ Obviously he (Chapman) has a problem with listening to people, but that’s his deal.”

I'm all for riders having their say, and if the track was suspect then the riders have the right to refuse to ride. But it needs to be done as a group decision. Single riders can't be allowed to dictate if and when they ride... After a group decision it was decided to carry on with the meeting. Chris lost all his respect for the way he acted. He could have voiced his concern and continued his riding. Nobody was asking him to do himself harm. There were only 2 accidents that night....... Nobody else stuck up for Holder and agreed with him...

Following on from the previous nights success at Poole, this was the biggest crowd of the season. All paying good money to see the Stars do the double over their fieriest of rivals. The last thing they wanted to see was their top men pull out of the meeting. Any chance of success disappeared with Holder and Batch's attitude... Not once has Holder mentioned the fans or apologised to them, all he is concerned about is his arguments with Buster.

Like I said, he has lost all my respect, If he rides in UK again then so be it, but he wont be getting any of my money.....

• Like 7

Buster is BSPA chairman, he has no power over who the SCB suspend or ban. The only control he had was to sack Holder and plenty of riders have been sacked over the years fo ding nothing wrong.

I'm sure he's had a word in the right ear. Make a stand etc etc.

Edited by marky

Hmm.. i will bow to those with a little more knowledge of the visa regs, but surely it can't be as simple as that.

For a start off, the application has to be endorsed by the sports governing body does it not ? I'd be astonished if the BSPA approved something like that bearing in the rules of competition technically aren't agreed on yet..

TBF Huckenbeck and Lambert both failed to turn up at the tapes for one Heat.

That was the heat before the remedial work when Middlo told our riders to go out, he was there encouraging then to go out at the pit gate because he knew they would get disqualified for missing the two minute warning, Our riders went to the tapes ready to race.

If Poole sign him for the start of the season I would imagine there will be no facility while completes his ban