British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fred5

Rebels V Wolves.

I'd love to know what was said to him before the race...surely they would have told him the situation?

As ER said...he was like a man possessed...he was literally riding the airfence. Almost lost it on lap 3, then did exactly the same on lap 4 in the same place...this time hitting the fence coming off bend 2. Surprised he got up so quick. That lad should start using that brain cell occasionally...could have cost us the meeting if it wasn't for Josh and Wrighty in the last heat.

Excellent exciting close meeting though.

I'm reliably informed that Jake was told a 4 - 2 was required!!!!! Very fortunate to walk away that.

I'm reliably informed that Jake was told a 4 - 2 was required!!!!! Very fortunate to walk away that.

Bad team management - especially now that it seems he has broken bones in his wrist.

Unlikely cos every man and his dog who were watching or following the match knew what was required.
  • Like 1

Love the fact some fans think it's embarrassing to lose at home to Somerset... Poole, Belle Vue and Kings Lynn have all been done by the Rebels on their travels. So many last heat deciders at home, where we weren't far off winning...Swindon and Kings Lynn come to mind. We could easily be sitting in 4th place in the table ahead of Poole. And I can see either the Rebels or Lynn taking that 4th spot off Poole.

I would say the only places the Rebels have been caught out are the trick tracks of Wolverhampton and Rye house.

Not too shabby for first season up.

Quite happy to be seen as underdogs though...so much sweeter when you beat the opposition.

Loved seeing some stunned Wolves fans faces last night...Glad they enjoyed the Rebels racing experience.

Kings Lynn have no chance of the playoffs having severely weakened their team - Somerset or Rye House with the Rebels currently looking like overtaking the sinking pirate ship

Can tell you that wouldn't be what his team manager said.

As Wolves won by 5 points surely makes him a match winner.

Actually he looked really impressive in that match.

Your report was good and pretty much accurate as I saw things.

However, I have to comment on your point about Perks being in the mix.

In his first two rides he completed only 4 laps, having engine failures whilst way at the back in both races.

He was better in his third, but in his fourth ride he fell whilst under pressure from Kerr and despite looking up to see Rory in front decided to stay down trying to seek Kerr's exclusion which was never going to happen. That ultimately cost us dear as in the re run Rory had his clash with Wright which led to the 5 - 0.

Also your report makes no mention of the first running of heat 12 where Wolves gated on a 5 - 1 which they held into the first bend only for the referee to stop the race and order a re run for Kerr moving at the tapes, despite him having missed the gate completely.

Once again a very entertaining meeting but the track only really livened up after the track grading during the interval.

Reading the last bit of your last sentence makes me wonder if you were actually at the Oaktree arena !!!

Reading the last bit of your last sentence makes me wonder if you were actually at the Oaktree arena !!!

Why is that?

The first part of the match had some close, fast racing but not much passing which was unusual for Somerset as it usually produces good racing. Many of the Somerset fans stood by me were in agreement with this assessment.

After the grading in the interval we had what was lining up to be a good race between Rory and Charles Wright in heat 12, Josh blasted around Freddie in heat 13, Allen and Hougaard passed Greaves in heat 14, and then heat 15 was a classic.

So Jake's paid a heavy price for his heat 14 miscalculation, broken wrist.Big blow for the Rebels especially at home. Good speedy move by Gary to secure Dan Bewley for Monday.

Edited by Cliffeboy

Kings Lynn have no chance of the playoffs having severely weakened their team - Somerset or Rye House with the Rebels currently looking like overtaking the sinking pirate ship

On tonight's performance I'd say Kings Lynn are probably stronger than Poole...in fact I'd say they were probably the weakest team in the League right now on performance levels. ;-)

Bad team management - especially now that it seems he has broken bones in his wrist.

Its not bad. A 4-2 was needed to guarantee the win.

Its not bad. A 4-2 was needed to guarantee the win.

With Wolves having dropped a point in heat 12 a 3 all in heat 14 would have made the scores 44-39 - meaning the win was secured providing a Somerset rider finished heat 15.

I think most team managers would have been saying make sure of the 3 all.

• Like 1

Oops, so it would. I missed the list point.

WhT is the penalty for fielding an ineligible rider in hear15? Just deduction of points scored by ineligible rider (0)?