British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

Virtually the team I had in mind ............... my pick included MPT instead of Kerr ............... either would make it a fairly solid team esp if THJ gets back to best!

I know it's for fun at this stage.Without out knowing the av's.But I would rather MPT than Kerr if the averages fitted(not looked)

MPT and Lewi Kerr? Not Jonasson ...

Not sure what to make of THJ.Has looked poor.Might be a bargain on a 4.64.Who knows.Its all about who fits at the end of the day i guess.Have nothing against Kerr on a 5.06 either.Just think THJ might have more of a chance of upping that poor ave.

Edited by Bald Bloke

MPT and Lewi Kerr? Not Jonasson ...

Wold not disagree.

I am not convinced THJ is the rider he was. Have not seen evidence in his scores in Pol 2nd Div or Sweden to convince me he is the rider he once was. Would KL want to take another chance flwg this years problems??

If I was Chapman I would go for proven riders in Prem and whilst Kerr and MPT can be up and down (as are most riders) I think they would be more consistent and without the expense of having to fly in a rider who may be going backwards. He can always change it if riders don't perform.

I agree with you Trees. Kerr on his 5.06 and MPT at his 5.20 swapping the reserve berths with Auty & Rose. I would be maybe a little worried about a long tail in the team but much depends on who their top 3 are ultimately and if its 42 or 45 points.

Plenty to ponder on for sure.

One for the brain cells though. Who would you prefer to have - Rose at 5.25 - Auty at 4.65 or the possible Joker in the pack TJH at reserve on his new 4.64. When viewed in that respect a TJH rediscovering any kind of form could be a decent rider in the reserve berth. If you want to keep cost down you wouldn't have TJH but he could be a decent choice with possibility of 5 plus rides per meeting if he does sort himself and his equipment.

Wold not disagree.

I am not convinced THJ is the rider he was. Have not seen evidence in his scores in Pol 2nd Div or Sweden to convince me he is the rider he once was. Would KL want to take another chance flwg this years problems??

If I was Chapman I would go for proven riders in Prem and whilst Kerr and MPT can be up and down (as are most riders) I think they would be more consistent and without the expense of having to fly in a rider who may be going backwards. He can always change it if riders don't perform.

I agree with you Trees. Kerr on his 5.06 and MPT at his 5.20 swapping the reserve berths with Auty & Rose. I would be maybe a little worried about a long tail in the team but much depends on who their top 3 are ultimately and if its 42 or 45 points.

Plenty to ponder on for sure.

One for the brain cells though. Who would you prefer to have - Rose at 5.25 - Auty at 4.65 or the possible Joker in the pack TJH at reserve on his new 4.64. When viewed in that respect a TJH rediscovering any kind of form could be a decent rider in the reserve berth. If you want to keep cost down you wouldn't have TJH but he could be a decent choice with possibility of 5 plus rides per meeting if he does sort himself and his equipment.

No doubt THJ will cost the most of the 3 you mention.I don't know if he is using his own engines,but he's not been on fire anywhere,so I have read.Bit of a gamble over the others because of the cost involved I guess.I think i'd have Rose on 5.25 over Josh 4.65,just.But MPT over both on 5.20.All depends on the points limit.The silly season starts soon ;)

Josh or Kai?

Don't know the ave's.If the same,prob Josh.To many questions.We don't know the ave's or if Puk will return.Who would Trees choose??

Give us your opinion if you dare ;)

Edited by Bald Bloke

depends which Kai turns up. If it's last night's then Josh please .

Trees don't usually answer these kind of questions.Come on Trees.Give your opinion

It's easy calling the questions.Trees,Mrs KL..Whats your thoughts

Edited by Bald Bloke

Thought it was mentioned last night Kai was feeling unwell, hence only 3 rides. We've seen him improve this year, but seems to have struggled since moving out of reserve. If he continues to improve and get more consistency he'd be worth a punt next year.

We certainly seem to have lots of options, but as ever its a case of a decent no.1 then get the calculator out for the rest of the team

Trees don't usually answer these kind of questions.Come on Trees.Give your opinion

It's easy calling the questions.Trees,Mrs KL..Whats your thoughts

Hard one, I certainly haven't been disappointed with Josh at all but perhaps Kai could prove the better bet, he's had some great meetings as well as poor meetings this season, won Rider of the Night on many occasions.

Hard one, I certainly haven't been disappointed with Josh at all but perhaps Kai could prove the better bet, he's had some great meetings as well as poor meetings this season, won Rider of the Night on many occasions.

Agree,it's a tough one.Did'nt think you would reply.

Of course I'm a huuuuge NKI fan and would welcome him back at the blink of an eye, a little concerned about the supposed unrest between him and Robert, hoping IF they both come back they can overcome that, whatever it may have been!

MPT and TJ have a great working relationship, they are good mates like Robert and Kai, all good for team bonding 😊

Agree,it's a tough one.Did'nt think you would reply.

LOL, I do have opinions, not always clear cut or black n white.....unless it's NP, KB or RF grrr Edited by Trees

Of course I'm a huuuuge NKI fan and would welcome him back at the blink of an eye, a little concerned about the supposed unrest between him and Robert, hoping IF they both come back they can overcome that, whatever it may have been!

MPT and TJ have a great working relationship, they are good mates like Robert and Kai, all good for team bonding

LOL, I do have opinions, not always clear cut or black n white.....unless it's NP, KB or RF grrr

Nick ...No