British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Yampy

Winners & Play Offs

Since the history of the playoffs, has a team qualified who has lost 5 on the bounce at home, one with a scoreline of 30-60?

Not that I can recall. 5 losses at home usually means bottom of the league. But the resilience of this Poole team has suprised everyone, and the reason they go into the playoffs as the complete underdogs, and the team neutrals will be supporting en masse.

Poole Pirates. 'The Peoples Team". You can almost hear the roar, "Come on Pirates", from hundreds of thousands of lounges, parlours, sitting rooms and bars right now.

Very good Steve..

Since the history of the playoffs, has a team qualified who has lost 5 on the bounce at home, one with a scoreline of 30-60?

Not that I can recall. 5 losses at home usually means bottom of the league. But the resilience of this Poole team has suprised everyone, and the reason they go into the playoffs as the complete underdogs, and the team neutrals will be supporting en masse.

Poole Pirates. 'The Peoples Team". You can almost hear the roar, "Come on Pirates", from hundreds of thousands of lounges, parlours, sitting rooms and bars right now.

Since the history of the play offs has a team that was red hot favourites qualified by limping into 4th place? Not that I can recall. 5 losses at home usually means bottom of the league but Poole ride against a few teams at the right time like Somerset away, and to the surprise of absolute nobody they held on to 4th. They go into the play offs as the complete underdogs due to the promotion getting things badly wrong over the season, and the neutrals will be supporting the other 3 sides en masse. Poole Pirates 'Nobody's team'. You can almost hear the laughter from hundreds and thousands of lounges, parlours, sitting rooms and bars.

Just thought I would edit your trolling post with one of my own which I think is more accurate

• Like 1

Since the history of the play offs has a team that was red hot favourites qualified by limping into 4th place? Not that I can recall. 5 losses at home usually means bottom of the league but Poole ride against a few teams at the right time like Somerset away, and to the surprise of absolute nobody they held on to 4th. They go into the play offs as the complete underdogs due to the promotion getting things badly wrong over the season, and the neutrals will be supporting the other 3 sides en masse. Poole Pirates 'Nobody's team'. You can almost hear the laughter from hundreds and thousands of lounges, parlours, sitting rooms and bars.

Just thought I would edit your trolling post with one of my own which I think is more accurate

You are completely obsessed with my posts! I can post anything on here and within an hour you will have answered saying the opposite! Completely and utterly obsessed!

The man's the complete anti Poole troll and it shows with every post. How we Poole fans laugh at the ridiculous and completely humourless rants.

Here's one for you to argue with. It's going to get dark tonight. Argue against that one!

I would put money on it you will respond.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

You are completely obsessed with my posts! I can post anything on here and within an hour you will have answered saying the opposite! Completely and utterly obsessed!

The man's the complete anti Poole troll and it shows with every post. How we Poole fans laugh at the ridiculous and completely humourless rants.

Here's one for you to argue with. It's going to get dark tonight. Argue against that one!

ah bless you

So you can put on a ridiculous post about Poole against the odds and the neutrals all cheering for Poole

Yet when I do the same sort of post you get all arsey!

Don't dish out your crap if you can't take it back

I rest my case. Gavan you never disappoint.

Clearly you didn't "get" that my original post was tongue firmly in cheek with no need for a response. Others "got it" but clearly it sailed way over you head.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Gav bites again!!

A top wum

it's amazing he bites every time the rest of forum understood years ago that shov just having bit of a laugh .

• Like 1

Gavan, I grew up with Shov. He's a good lad but was always good at winding people up. Sometimes he didn't even know he was doing it. He could be infuriating at times, but at the end of the day, he was a decent bloke. ( despite swapping the Red of Swindon for the blue of Poole when he was around 18 I guess)

Despite your rants about him knowing nothing, he knows his speedway inside out. What he does love, is to dangle that little rod of his to see how many tiddlers he can catch. He does it I'm sure out of boredom at times. But over the last year or so, he's finding he's getting more tugs on that rod of his than ever before. Have a little think before you react next time.

• Like 1

Clearly you didn't "get" that my original post was tongue firmly in cheek with no need for a response. Others "got it" but clearly it sailed way over you head.

Gav bites again!!

wow. Do you honestly believe that I thought you meant that post!! I know it was tongue in cheek even you are not that deluded. My response was the same you know just thought it would be quite funny to post the total opposite and see what people thought. I haven't bit at all just spun the post.

If it's alright for Pooles lord and master to do it then why can't somebody else?

Gav bites again!!

wow. Do you honestly believe that I thought you meant that post!! I know it was tongue in cheek even you are not that deluded. My response was the same you know just thought it would be quite funny to post the total opposite and see what people thought. I haven't bit at all just spun the post.

If it's alright for Pooles lord and master to do it then why can't somebody else?

The bottom line is shov is right you reply (bite ) to his every post .

Shovlar is like the boy who cried wolf.

:D.

Okay time for a bit of fun/quiz, and no googling. As the days get shorter,how many minutes per day is there less light ?