British Speedway Forum

Worrall was a cert for British Champion this year in my view, our best World Cup rider last year and started in great form. Maybe he won't be out as long as some fear.

Edited by SPEEDY69
  • Like 1

Gutted, Stevie had a massive training programme over the winter and looked a whole lot slimmer, fitter and sharper, I'm sure he would of had his best season to date.

I feel it's impossible to replace Steve on his average, so a rebuild may be M Lemons choice.

hope you recover fully and soon Stevie, really really gutted for you.  

Rotten luck for Stevie - he has made so much progress the last few years and is irreplaceable on that average.  I think the one over 8 rule was only for the starting line-up and because BV have a genuine injury, I would be happy for Kenneth Bjerre to replace him with Smith at reserve to replace Jye.

its only fair IMHO in the best interests of speedway.

• Like 1

I think if they redeclare then I’d opt for the original lineup. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

Rotten luck for Stevie - he has made so much progress the last few years and is irreplaceable on that average.  I think the one over 8 rule was only for the starting line-up and because BV have a genuine injury, I would be happy for Kenneth Bjerre to replace him with Smith at reserve to replace Jye.

I so hope you are correct.

• Like 1

shame you couldn't have a complete team rebuild starting with fast Fred at no1 but that would mean dropping cookie

3 minutes ago, neb said:

shame you couldn't have a complete team rebuild starting with fast Fred at no1 but that would mean dropping cookie

Nooooooooooooo

10 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

In the best interests of speedway one team should be allowed two riders over 8 points, you're having a laugh surely.

It's not only that rule stopping Bjerre coming back now, he wasn't in BV's original line up so can't return this season anyway, unless of course 2 rules are disregarded.

Feel desperately sorry for Steve and Belle Vue as he was flying but rules are there for a reason.

Of the riders available I would say Ricky Wells is your best bet. Rebuilding isn't the answer imo as you would surely want Steve back when he is fit.

Get well soon Steve

If we had Patrick at No2 I think he’d average 6.77 or above so Steve could slot back in when fit. 

The problem in going back to the original line up is could Zagar fit us in now his schedule for the season is set and will any new “rule” come out of BSPA towers?

Gutted to hear of the injury to Stevie W - all the best fella

10 hours ago, woodenspoon said:

I thought you could not have 2 riders at an over  8.00 average.

Isnt that for initial declarations?

What about redeclarations? 

How are the regs worded?

A SGB Premiership Team’s initial Declaration must not exceed 42.50 and may include ONLY
one rider with an MA of 8.00 or above.

10 minutes ago, ouch said:

A SGB Premiership Team’s initial Declaration must not exceed 42.50 and may include ONLY
one rider with an MA of 8.00 or above.

So nothing about the restriction applying to a redeclaration.....

• Like 2

Yep because if you had two riders in your team who had increased their average to 8.00 plus during the season you wouldnt be able to redeclare so that cant be the rule?

1 hour ago, Call me wolfie said:

In the best interests of speedway one team should be allowed two riders over 8 points, you're having a laugh surely.

It's not only that rule stopping Bjerre coming back now, he wasn't in BV's original line up so can't return this season anyway, unless of course 2 rules are disregarded.

Feel desperately sorry for Steve and Belle Vue as he was flying but rules are there for a reason.

Of the riders available I would say Ricky Wells is your best bet. Rebuilding isn't the answer imo as you would surely want Steve back when he is fit.

Get well soon Steve

Their initial declaration only had one over 8 - nothing in the rules to say you can’t redeclare with more than one.  With regards your second point, KB would have been in if it wasn’t for the other rule.  Management Team can rule so no rulebreaking!

Do you really believe Ricky Wells is an adequate replacement for Stevie? Or are you happy for BV to be handicapped?

Edited by Steve0