British Speedway Forum
concessionscol

Berwickbandits2018

Any chance Romano Hummel might fancy another go at speedway with the bandits

Would not think so he has qualified for the 2018 Longtrack Series would not have minded having him back though

A massive well done to Leon Flint, becoming a Birmingham asset, I think with the new management set up at Birmingham, this is an ideal launch pad for Leons future speedway prospects.

I really enjoy sponsoring Leon and am proud to have Taffys Time Machine on his bike, he really is one of the most appreciative speedway riders I have dealt with, especially from someone so young. This young lad knows what he wants and will do his very best to achieve it.

Question for you all.

WHY NOT SPONSOR LEON,

Does not matter how small or large that may be, every little helps, to Leon he appreciates equally whether its a £10 or a £1000 sponsorship.

• Like 1

A massive well done to Leon Flint, becoming a Birmingham asset, I think with the new management set up at Birmingham, this is an ideal launch pad for Leons future speedway prospects.

I really enjoy sponsoring Leon and am proud to have Taffys Time Machine on his bike, he really is one of the most appreciative speedway riders I have dealt with, especially from someone so young. This young lad knows what he wants and will do his very best to achieve it.

Question for you all.

WHY NOT SPONSOR LEON,

Does not matter how small or large that may be, every little helps, to Leon he appreciates equally whether its a £10 or a £1000 sponsorship.

Wrong thread,this is Berwick2018.

NL clubs can't have assets as far as I'm aware

So I'm reading you don't need to have a 2 pointer at number 7 but do you need to have a brit at 7 or what?

This was changed a few years back to allow NL teams to get assets especially the stand alone one I.E mildenhall, Cradley, Birmingham etc

• Like 1

NL clubs can't have assets as far as I'm aware

So I'm reading you don't need to have a 2 pointer at number 7 but do you need to have a brit at 7 or what?

Rules were changed about 2 to 3 years ago, if you sign for a NL club you are their asset. I think it was done because the NL club brought on the young riders and when they moved up to PL level they lost out on their investment in the rider. And a good thing too, but there should really be know assets as they are all self employed.

, and no retainers are paid.

Wrong thread,this is Berwick2018.

I know, but we have nothing else to talk about at the moment, and he is very much a Berwick lad, working in the pits on a Saturday when he is not riding, you could say adding to his knowledge for the future.

Rules were changed about 2 to 3 years ago, if you sign for a NL club you are their asset. I think it was done because the NL club brought on the young riders and when they moved up to PL level they lost out on their investment in the rider. And a good thing too, but there should really be know assets as they are all self employed.

I know, but we have nothing else to talk about at the moment, and he is very much a Berwick lad, working in the pits on a Saturday when he is not riding, you could say adding to his knowledge for the future.

What chance he ever rides for Berwick though,slim IMO .Berwick should have signed him and loaned him out if we are thinking to the future,although granted he might not want to ride for them.Wish him all the best though.

What chance he ever rides for Berwick though,slim IMO .Berwick should have signed him and loaned him out if we are thinking to the future,although granted he might not want to ride for them.Wish him all the best though.

No reason if Leon wants to ride for Berwick, he will ride for Berwick, his decision only. Remember he is only 15 in February, so can only ride at NL level next season, Birmingham will give him that ideal start. I know I have a bias, but if it goes the way it should do, he may be too good for Berwick ( sorry my Berwick pals, I want the best for Leon). Sometimes riding for your local club is not always a good thing for the rider, it can hold them back.

No reason if Leon wants to ride for Berwick, he will ride for Berwick, his decision only. Remember he is only 15 in February, so can only ride at NL level next season, Birmingham will give him that ideal start. I know I have a bias, but if it goes the way it should do, he may be too good for Berwick ( sorry my Berwick pals, I want the best for Leon). Sometimes riding for your local club is not always a good thing for the rider, it can hold them back.

Maybe is the right word, I have see a lot of good youngsters who never fulfilled their promise.You need a fair bit of luck in Speedway.

I need to correct the above:-

As Leon is under 16 he cannot be an asset of any club, I have been informed there is an unwritten rule, that when you move to a higher league, the club pays the NL a training fee based on the riders average per point

• Like 1

I need to correct the above:-

As Leon is under 16 he cannot be an asset of any club, I have been informed there is an unwritten rule, that when you move to a higher league, the club pays the NL a training fee based on the riders average per point

Under 16 you are a Minor, and cannot enter a contract.

I am not sure what the arrangement is about the NL training fee, but I am assuming that a higher league can sign him, and he could become their asset as long as the training fee is paid.

In saying all of this , I believe the asset base is a nonsense, and if the BSPA were not a private club, assets would not stand up in employment law if ever challenged.

So what does that mean?

Doolan, Howe, Jye +4