British Speedway Forum

Yes, he's an absolute hmm, well it rhymes with banker. Was a waste of space and obviously didn't take kindly to the attempt at being replaced. The only place he's going to get a ride next season is probably Edinburgh, and the're welcome to him!

Edited by Super Blue

And an unbeaten Rohan Tungate

So onto 2018 the attendance for both finals shows that the interest in the town is still there. Hopefully Louis can put together another competitive team.

Id estimate total attendances for the last 4 meetings (semis and finals) to be around 12,500 which would be the same as a number of clubs attracted for their whole season.

Whilst the results didnt go our way on track there was a great atmosphere , a real buzz not matched for a long long time, and provides an amazing opportunity to build on going forward.

Decent performance by Sedgy in the GP.

Beat some very good riders.

Just shows what he could have done if he hadn't had the shoulder injuries and of course if he had been treated properly.

• Like 2

Decent performance by Sedgy in the GP.

Beat some very good riders.

Just shows what he could have done if he hadn't had the shoulder injuries and of course if he had been treated properly.

Or just putting in a good performance to put himself in the shop window for next season?

• Like 1

Some clubs already know he's a good rider.

Just needs treated with respect.

Be a steal on 6.17 at the Showground if the Panthers run, normally scores big points round there...

Aside from the deadline day fiasco and failed dropping I actually think he was given every respect from the club.

His points scoring was down on expectations. Dont forget he came in on the 2nd highest average but was ridden in a 2nd string position.

That can happen and he was given time and plenty of it - too much many would say.

What isnt acceptable is lack of effort and he seemed to show that many times. Dipping out of first bends and rolling off the throttle, coasting round and giving up or barely able hold off inexperienced reserves and certainly not capable of catching let alone challenging his peers.

No doubt he took a number of hefty knocks and picked up injuries but he it seems either

1)Chose to hide the true extent of these and thus not return that initial faith and patience with honesty

2)Simply didnt give one and was deliberately taking the P

3)He had lost it between the ears. He comes across as a very hit/miss confidence rider and was 'shot'

Personally Id go for a combination of 1 and 3

The decision to change came at least a month too late due to the club wanting to show some faith and respect.

Unfortunately when the time came it was a disaster zone that no one can be proud of (except Connor who acted with maturity and dignity beyond his years)

So whilst the way his time ended was lamentable he did deserve to be losing his place.

• Like 6

Sedgy is a confidence rider.

And his injuries may have dented his confidence.

I agree he should have been replaced sooner but the timing was a total vindictive disgrace.

Dont think it was meant as vindictive - more a case of now or never and a realisation that never was the wrong option.

Don't usually bother with saying about next season before we know what's going on. But hopefully we can keep most of this team.

I reckon if we go up into a diluted 1st division, then replace Connor with Nico, that's the sort of team I think we'll be looking at, no TV money will mean very weak sides.

If we stay in a diluted 2nd division, then replace Rory with Danyon. Obviously this is total nonsense (like all 2018 posts) but I think this will be roughly the strength of the teams we'll be looking at.

But whoever it was that put this seasons team together, make sure they're in charge of putting next seasons side together. Best side in the League, just a shame they never got to ride together, if they had, they'd have been almost unbeatable.

• Like 3

Don't usually bother with saying about next season before we know what's going on. But hopefully we can keep most of this team.

I reckon if we go up into a diluted 1st division, then replace Connor with Nico, that's the sort of team I think we'll be looking at, no TV money will mean very weak sides.

If we stay in a diluted 2nd division, then replace Rory with Danyon. Obviously this is total nonsense (like all 2018 posts) but I think this will be roughly the strength of the teams we'll be looking at.

But whoever it was that put this seasons team together, make sure they're in charge of putting next seasons side together. Best side in the League, just a shame they never got to ride together, if they had, they'd have been almost unbeatable.

I take it you'll be wanting to keep Justin Sedgmen then.

I take it you'll be wanting to keep Justin Sedgmen then.

Not even considered part of 2017 team by most so just an irrelevance
  • Like 2