British Speedway Forum

Reckon Sedgy's average will be nudging 8 next season - assuming he's somewhere that appreciates him.

• Like 2

Reckon Sedgy's average will be nudging 8 next season - assuming he's somewhere that appreciates him.

Dont think he is allowed to ride NL... 😛
  • Like 2

And he'll be a shoe-in for double figures next time he's at the foxes holes.

Love to see him get 12 or 15 points to show Witches fans what they could have had if only they would have given him a proper chance instead of jumping on his back at the 1st opportunity

Sedgy was given an opportunity as a mainly neutral fan those around me even encouraged him after he clearly gave up on the second bend 3/4 times, after that I think it was too much

As for the club Richard and Chris were far too loyal to have kept him in the team for so long but credit to them in some way

• Like 1

Love to see him get 12 or 15 points to show Witches fans what they could have had if only they would have given him a proper chance instead of jumping on his back at the 1st opportunity

No one jumped on his back at the first opportunity. He was given time, progress was slow, he had the occasional ok score and then it just dropped right off and he was giving up after a bend.

He was signed on an average of over 7 as a heat leader and a replacement for covatti who is maximum entertainment and scores points Home and away, sedgemen couldnt beat opposition reserves.

No other set of fans would have been satisfied with what we saw from him during his time with the witches if it was their team - hes clearly a better rider than we saw but for whatever reason we never got to see that rider.

• Like 4

Maybe he will maybe he wont

One hard first turn though and he will likely shut off the throttle and settle for what he has even if its 0

Thats why its not just about points

• Like 1

Id be more than happy to stay in Championship and look at Saturdays with Friday as the off night.

Surely stockcar would stop us having any continuity running on saturdays

Surely stockcar would stop us having any continuity running on saturdays

Probably but that would be the ideal for me.

Stocks dont run every week and there would be a number of clubs running Saturdays so would need to be away a fair few times anyway.

I never thought Sedgmen was a good signing and was proved right, although I certainly didn't get on his back originally It didn't last long with his lack of effort.

I think by the end the general feeling amongst Witches fans was similar to that of Worky fans to James Sarjeant.

The most galling thing for me was the fact that he never gave up once in his races at the Australian GP.

Chris Louis tried to dispense with his services and as we all know it fell through, he then said he was still fully committed to the Witches.

What a load of Bow locks that statement turned out to be!

A complete and utter waster who will never be welcomed in my team again.

Edited by Super Blue

Probably but that would be the ideal for me.

Stocks dont run every week and there would be a number of clubs running Saturdays so would need to be away a fair few times anyway.

Fair enough, Id prefer Thursdays and top league, Id miss too many on a Saturday with other stuff going on so probabaly wouldnt renew my season ticket would go more as and when which would be a shame as I like a weekly couple of hours putting the world to right with me old chap! Haha!

Hypothetically Id like something along these lines...

Linus sundstrom

Cameron Heeps

Rory Schlein/Danny king

Nico covatti

Scott Nicholls

Mason campton/josh Bates/Kyle Newman

Nathan greaves/Danton Hume

Poor old Justin was really struggling with an injury this season. I would have a fit Sedgy at the Showground next year if he's not Monarch bound..

• Like 1

Linus sundstrom

Cameron Heeps

Rory Schlein/Danny king

Nico covatti

Scott Nicholls

Mason campton/josh Bates/Kyle Newman

Nathan greaves/Danton Hume

I could make do with that team 😆👍
  • Like 1

As a visitor to fox hall due to working locally this season ,I would make Nathan greaves your priority signing as I was very impressed with him

I can't see Ipswich changing their race night, I guess that both us and Sheffield will join the Premier league.