British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

9 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

I think he will last longer at Workington than he would riding for Panthers.  I was surprised you signed him in the first place  as when he gates and out in front he looks half decent but when he doesn't he couldn't pass wind.

A bit like Kus then ;)

1 minute ago, ruffdiamond said:

There's rumours about Kus becoming available, might be better than 'Grondal r/r' ???,,, but get in fast before some-one does/might ;)

Definitely a  NO   NO

But how  can u sign a rider who is injured and cant ride and expect  r/r for him its just plain stupid, esp when he was sacked replaced which ever way you put it.

1 minute ago, geoff100 said:

But how  can u sign a rider who is injured and cant ride and expect  r/r for him its just plain stupid, esp when he was sacked replaced which ever way you put it.

they arn’t signing him? what point of that don’t you get? they’re just undoing the signing of kennett

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, allthegearbutnaeidea said:

they arn’t signing him? what point of that don’t you get? they’re just undoing the signing of kennett

The bspa have to agree the signing of a rider which they did so someone (emil) has to be for want of a better word undeclared sacked or replaced so he must agree to be redeclared or signed in order for the bspa to agree now i know i missed a bit of schooling when younger but its bloody daft for anyone to dump someone then expect them to come back knowing full well he cant ride because he is injured and to expect rival fans to think another fast one from mr rathbone.

• Like 1

'undoing the signing',,, might as well have just said, 'nah, we where only kidding really, lol'.

4 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

The bspa have to agree the signing of a rider which they did so someone (emil) has to be for want of a better word undeclared sacked or replaced so he must agree to be redeclared or signed in order for the bspa to agree now i know i missed a bit of schooling when younger but its bloody daft for anyone to dump someone then expect them to come back knowing full well he cant ride because he is injured and to expect rival fans to think another fast one from mr rathbone.

I fear you misunderstand the principle and practice of team declarations. I can assure you however that there is not a ‘fast one’ here (except the riders involved.....).

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I fear you misunderstand the principle and practice of team declarations. I can assure you however that there is not a ‘fast one’ here (except the riders involved.....).

tbf Neil,,, if the rules and regs were made simpler, it would be harder for folk to misunderstand them,,, unless there made out to be un-understandable ;)

32 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

You'll be telling us next it's Rathbone's fault that Kennett has a broken arm and Ged  pre arranged it to happen. NOTHING  has been done against the rules and this has been done by many other teams in the past so why are you picking on this now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

You'll be telling us next it's Rathbone's fault that Kennett has a broken arm and Ged  pre arranged it to happen. NOTHING  has been done against the rules and this has been done by many other teams in the past so why are you picking on this now.

You have to feel for the Panthers, after signing Kennett just at the right time (fitting snuggly to fill the 42.50 limit),,, then being undone by the lads injury.

• Like 3

Its certainly not the first time it has happened

Sadly last years example at Ipswich springs to mind!

Presumably until a newly declared team takes to the track the previously declared team remains the official 1-7

The grey area (isnt there always with speedway) would be where the replaced rider signs elsewhere starightaway *sadly for Emil not possible

Its not impissible for example had Emil been fit that he couldve signed and ridden for another team before Kennett was injured - what then?? 

Could we have had the situation where Emil was named in 2 teams 1-7 with a facility for Boro??

27 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Presumably until a newly declared team takes to the track the previously declared team remains the official 1-7

The grey area (isnt there always with speedway) would be where the replaced rider signs elsewhere starightaway *sadly for Emil not possible

Its not impissible for example had Emil been fit that he couldve signed and ridden for another team before Kennett was injured - what then?? 

Could we have had the situation where Emil was named in 2 teams 1-7 with a facility for Boro??

That situation arose just a few days ago with Redcar, Thomas Jorgenson and Theo Pijper.

(and no, a rider cannot appear in two 1-7s)

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Panthers , replaced him because they knew it would quite a while before he would declared fit so that doesn't really fit in this scenario ,but yes there could be a grey area there in another instance

18 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

This situation arose just a few days ago with Redcar, Thomas Jorgenson and Theo Pijper.

In that case though Redcar are sticking with the redeclaration with TJ and ran a NL guest rather than use a facility and reversion to the previous 1-7 wasnt possible

What wouldve happened had they wanted to revert as the new team going by the Kennett scenario was not yet the official 1-7

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

5 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

In that case though Redcar are sticking with TJ and ran a NL guest rather than use a facility

Agreed, my point was that Pijper was already declared elsewhere, so Redcar couldn’t revert had they wished to. Their use of an NDL guest WAS a facility (albeit the no-facility facility) - no other facility was available as Jorgensen hadn’t completed a meeting.

Edited by NeilWatson