British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

19 minutes ago, Lukas said:

More importantly What we gonna do without him for the play offs?

Lose? ;)

4 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Forget the above we can't use Jorgensen at Workington as he will be there with Redcar the week before so the 8 day rule will apply which means back to the drawing board , as I see it David Bellego could be one of the better options if available as there is very little else we can turn to. I suppose  Lasse Bjerre would be available though as at present he hasn't  a British club  the only other rider maybe worth a shout is Jake Allen and he certainly owes Panthers after his last guest booking at the showground.

4 hours ago, Isotonic said:

Don't think the 8 day rule applies if he is replacing the No.1. Could be wrong though.

3 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Well it's only a couple of weeks ago that Lakeside had booked Steve Worrall to guest for the sick Richard Lawson at Workington and on arrival discovered that they couldn't use him because of the 8 day rule and then had to revert to   R/R at NO;1.

2 hours ago, Isotonic said:

Did say I could be wrong. Should have done the research. The 8 day rule doesn't apply if the guest is replacing the home No.1 

The 8-day rule only applies to appearances as a guest, not as a member of a 1-7.

3 hours ago, New era Panthers said:

Well it's only a couple of weeks ago that Lakeside had booked Steve Worrall to guest for the sick Richard Lawson at Workington and on arrival discovered that they couldn't use him because of the 8 day rule and then had to revert to   R/R at NO;1.

Does the 8 day rule not only apply to visiting teams. I'm sure the home team can use the same guest at no1 within 8 days?

39 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

The 8-day rule only applies to appearances as a guest, not as a member of a 1-7.

So we could use Jorgensen as a guest at Workington a week tomorrow. Thanks for clearing that one up Neil  ,  sounds like a plan to me.

1 hour ago, Lukas said:

More importantly What we gonna do without him for the play offs?

As there will be less teams involved with meetings at that stage there will a better choice of options for guest riders .

47 minutes ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

Lose? ;)

Thanks for you're support.  Have you noticed how well east Anglian teams are doing  Panthers topping the championship , Kings Lynn topping the premiership and Mildenhall running away with national league  , shame Ipswich letting the region down , well there's always next year I  suppose.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

Thanks for you're support.  Have you noticed how well east Anglian teams are doing  Panthers topping the championship , Kings Lynn topping the premiership and Mildenhall running away with national league  , shame Ipswich letting the region down , well there's always next year I  suppose.

We had done our bit being top dog for more years than many people have had hot dinners - just having a short nap :cheers:

The giant will awake in its own good time :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dontforgetthefueltapsbruv said:

We had done our bit being top dog for more years than many people have had hot dinners - just having a short nap :cheers:

The giant will awake in its own good time :)

How many years constitutes a small trophyless  nap then .

54 minutes ago, New era Panthers said:

How many years constitutes a small trophyless  nap then .

20 and counting :lol: 

1 hour ago, New era Panthers said:

As there will be less teams involved with meetings at that stage there will a better choice of options for guest riders .

For the play-offs, guests cannot be drawn from the other competing teams of course.

From Neils post it sounds like and reading between the lines perhaps Scott Nicholls season is over then?  

3 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

From Neils post it sounds like and reading between the lines perhaps Scott Nicholls season is over then?  

It was over yesterday. That's a six week injury minimum unless he wants to do further damage to extend any recovery period.