British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

The figure I gave you was for a 2 rider team in stock class, the cost was for bikes, truck. Workshop.. Repairs to bikesand so on...not a big hospitality job.

They then moved into superbike class and cost was then 900k before recouping 200 in sponsorshp. Each bike alone was 110k to build to competitive spec.

I take it you don't expect your rider to ever crash.???

Are these guys still actively in BSB now? Because two riders, trucks, workshop, team personnel I can see it being around the figures you've said, it's not cheap by any means

The way we are potentially doing it, is transport is already sorted, workshop is already sorted, bikes are supplied FOC the man hours for prepping are already paid for, so £100k is literally for parts, entries, tyres, fuel, the rider will bring sponsorship with them which will cover crash damage

We are both right, if you strip it all down to just running costs it's doable, and depending on rider you can run top 10ish to compete at the sharp end even for BSB with technical restrictions will cost double, what Honda spend alone is crazy

Back in 2005 Honda and Ducati had a 350k budget for the Supersport class alone

interesting reading on the ippo site . looks like the non turbo twins are back in oz . ged selling the fans short with lies and bollocks .

now we know jack whoo,rubbishbaghaa is not riding and bwd cant be arsed .

bomb these guys out next year , its for the greater good of U.K. speedway .

Edited by jenga

Baldy, we're looking at 2019/2020 season in all honesty (as the fight promotion is launching next year) so rider won't be signed and sealed but there are some promising youngsters out there, just a case of monitoring there development over next year and potentially the year after and seeing what the opportunity is, also by then depends what the regulation's are in BSB, it could be practically like Superstock by then, we'll wait and see

You would think the biggest talents will be taken by the top 5/6 teams but majority is done based on what sponsorship a rider can bring, hoping there is an opportunity where a young talent who can put a decent bike around the top 10 will be available but one who doesn't have a big enough budget to attract a top team, best case scenario all round

interesting reading on the ippo site . looks like the non turbo twins are back in oz . ged selling the fans short with lies and bollocks .

now we know jack whoo,rubbishbaghaa is not riding and bwd cant be arsed .

bomb these guys out next year , its for the greater good of U.K. speedway .

Not sure about the tone but interesting points none the less!

I'm not interested in buying the club. My savings are only at £17.4k and I may be moving and renting in London.

aye , good luck with that . but you know it costs money to rent a boy .

as the scotsman says , that 10 months rent without renting the boys as well .

sad to see you only saved a grand up in 10 months . olivia must have been expensive to run !

Edited by jenga

Still owes me 5g But ya know what..I'm a nice bloke..I shall let him off

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 1

maybe you can get one of those companies that buy the debt off you and then they chase the debt and recover all the costs for themselves

i bet you 5k you dont do it lol.

its gonna be tight on Thursday, the meeting i mean .

its gonna be tight on Thursday, the meeting i mean .

I thought maybe Olivia had a puncture caused by a small prick... ;)

• Like 2

I thought maybe Olivia had a puncture caused by a small prick... ;)

you make me laugh , you do .

i think jcf has a bit of ged,s d.n.a. in him , always telling porkies and sometimes , just sometimes . he gets it right .

the Peterborough track is way too good to be lost to speedway . hang in there .

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Jack holder in aussie restaurant

Bit irrelevant to Panthers 2018 because if we're here then he'll not be anywhere near the place if they've got any sense.

• Like 2

If the rumours prove to be true and Lakeside and Ipswich move back to the top flight, Peterborough should look to do likewise.

Easier said than done obviously and I understand the current unsettled situation, but it makes much more sense for Peterborough to move back up than remain in the predominantly Northern league.

Edited by Steve Irving
  • Like 1