British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2018

Mountain at reserve?? Goes well at showground

Id be more than happy to see Connor back at Foxhall but actually think him having a home track like Boro or Sheffield could do him good.

On the rumoured 42 average it's the positions 1 and 5 i think will be the most difficult to fill.

Something like this would be ideal

1 Nicholls/King

2 Shanes

3 Starke

4 Ostergaard

5 Kennett

6 Lambert

7 JPB/ Bacon

Wouldn't want Kennett too hit and miss IMO, Shanes is a Sunday grasstracker so we can forget about him.

What makes you think we will stick to Sunday as our main race day ?

What makes you think that they'll change. If Rathbone's running it it'll be no change. It'll only not be Sunday if there's an ambitious new owner and that seems highly unlikely. All will be clearer on Sunday evening I guess if the AGM press release arrives?

This is the only thing for Sunday afternoons:

LEICESTER Speedway can confirm they have been approached by Coventry Bees promoter Mick Horton with a view to hosting meetings at Beaumont Park in 2018. The proposal is for National League racing to take place with the Bees in action on Sunday afternoons

Edited by Crump99

Elite league?

i think that E.L.speedway(premier) will kill Peterbprough speedway off . championship speedway is way better I.M.O.

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1

Elite league?

Are you rich enough to gamble your money away, or do you know anybody that is. Jenga is right as things are at the moment it would be financial suicide and as there is no elite league we would have no opposition , we would certainly be in a league of our own .

• Like 1

Are you rich enough to gamble your money away, or do you know anybody that is. Jenga is right as things are at the moment it would be financial suicide and as there is no elite league we would have no opposition , we would certainly be in a league of our own .

Ok smart alec premier league

Bigger crowds due to more local meetings with Kings Lynn and Leicester in particular would help

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1

Ok smart alec premier league

Bigger crowds due to more local meetings with Kings Lynn and Leicester in particular would help

Would the above local derbies be enough to compensate for higher wage bill and would the likes of Swindon , Poole , Somerset and Belle Vue for example on a Monday or Thursday evening bring with them enough fans to make it viable . I would love to see Panthers back in the top division of British speedway, but being realistic my feelings are it's far too much of a gamble unless someone out there is prepared to back them with big money and be prepared to maybe suffer heavy losses.

i think that E.L.speedway(premier) will kill Peterbprough speedway off . championship speedway is way better I.M.O.

Since we left the EL in 2013 we've been nearly off killed as many times in 4 years as a decade or more of EL speedway so it's not quite that simple.

I suspect that the decision has already been made anyway and more of the same will be confirmed over the weekend, so the "which league" discussion can be knocked on the head for 2018.

We could have Jack Holder back if we raced on a Friday night.

see my post #564............................he's not going to get a lot of meetings at Torun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry::cry::cry:

We could have Jack Holder back if we raced on a Friday night.

If Holder's anywhere near the place in 2018 then we'd have lost the plot completely as you can know.

If the big league goes one or two nights then it'd be interesting to see whether the EoES would be accommodating? I suspect not and that they're are happy for us to fit around whatever dates they offer. Frost couldn't buy regular Friday's so the current promotion are unlikely to be able to. It'll be much of the same and that will not in any way be compatible with Holder.

Edited by Crump99