British Speedway Forum

Broc Nicol looked good around Monmore last night

True as far as it goes, but a big difference even in these days between top tier and a (broadly) third tier event.

• Like 1

Broc Nicol looked good around Monmore last night, I hope Pete Adams was there

would be too much of a risk, needs to get himself a place in the championship first.

I have a feeling that Freddie may decide not to ride over here next year while he recovers from his injury, am I right in thinking Tai could come back on his final 2016 average of 7.03, you could build a very good team around that

After missing out on a SGP medal that he deserved, I can see Fred giving UK a miss next year. As Piotr Pawlicki has been pretty useless in the GP's this year. And if the BSPA finally concede that we (British Speedway) can only take a couple of nights per week out of a riders schedule. Woffinden, Pawlicki & Greaves should begin Wolves team building process. You have a more than capable #1, #5 & #7. And none of them are on high averages. Can CVS/Adams ruin it. Yes they can. I look forward to it.

After missing out on a SGP medal that he deserved, I can see Fred giving UK a miss next year. As Piotr Pawlicki has been pretty useless in the GP's this year. And if the BSPA finally concede that we (British Speedway) can only take a couple of nights per week out of a riders schedule. Woffinden, Pawlicki & Greaves should begin Wolves team building process. You have a more than capable #1, #5 & #7. And none of them are on high averages. Can CVS/Adams ruin it. Yes they can. I look forward to it.

That's an assumption that those averages still apply.

I thought CVS had already stated in the SS that he's stepping down due to ill health?!

That's an assumption that those averages still apply.

Those averages maybe adjusted, but they won't be near the monumental levels of Lindgren & Thorsells 2017 averages I'm sure. The question is more, can Wolves afford both?

Is Seb Palmese old enough to give UK racing a try yet.

Too early to decide who can ride for Wolves next season until you know what the points limit is, if there is fixed race nights, one or two leagues and who are in the same league plus the obvious injuries to Freddie and Jacob.

LINDGREN - Will be the first name on the team sheet if he is fit and able to return to Britain and due to injury can't commit to a Polish club at the moment.

THORSSELL - Due to injury he has been released by Zielona Gora who would have kept him on but until he is fit, he may not get a chance to sign there so Britain seems likley and the most improved rider at Wolves.

MASTERS - Much will depend on the first two but would love to return and like many of the team is one of the Adams Family during the season. Owned by Edinburgh and think he will be the one to miss out.

SCHLEIN - Loves it at Wolves and clearly would love to be back and think they would love him back as back up to the main two.

HOWARTH - Has had a great year at Wolves and with Sheffield and no doubt he will be back at Owlerton but will they move up or move race night if it is going to two set nights.

RISS - Edinburgh asset and while he did well, he filled the gap left by the top five and Unlikley to return.

GREAVES - Signed as a young rider who was going backwards and a bit of a surprise signing who struggled early on. Improved as the year went on and very likley to return next season at reserve.

Until we know what's happening with those above will depend on who might be looked at to bring in. PIOTR PAWLICKI loved it at Wolves and out of the GPs could see him wanting the extra meetings and a bargain at 7.32 while ROBERT LAMBERT could be a surprise signing as he may be looking to move on and has been with Tai Woffinden quite a bit this season and if they are looking for new heat leaders he could be looked at.

NICOL or BECKER would be of interest on low averages but think Broc will be st Lakeside Hagon Shocks Hammers while Luke may be part of the new package in Glasgow. They have sold Klindt and Musielak and don't think Ty Proctor is in any plans to return but Ricky RICKY WELLS may be an option but think he will be elsewhere.

See what the AGM throws out and where the Swedes are at in terms of recovery, then we can guess at a possible seven but most importantly, who will be the management or owners come March 2018

Those averages maybe adjusted, but they won't be near the monumental levels of Lindgren & Thorsells 2017 averages I'm sure. The question is more, can Wolves afford both?Is Seb Palmese old enough to give UK racing a try yet.

I'm hoping averages used are closer to the actual ones they have finished on.

Can't see why any rider like Piotr, Woffy, Lindback, Nicki P etc aren't given a minimum of 8 average to return on as 7 is ridiculously low.

There could be quite a bit of change at Wolves on and off the track but the team front can't really be looked at until they know if Freddie and Jacob are even going to be fit for next March as both would be the first names on the team sheet. The injuries they have could mean a lengthy lay off and the fact Freddie has yet to sort out a Polish contract could be down to the length of rehabilitation he needs to be ready to return.

Zielona Gora were in touch with him but heard nothing back and he has been linked with Czestochowa, Torun and Grudziadz but those three seem to be getting filled up already so maybe he could be looking at a long term lay off and Iversen as first reserve given the first few rounds ?

If and it is just and if at present, the link of Vaculik talking to a British team could be his link with Simon Stead taking him t Sheffield and them moving up to keep their preferred Thursday race night. If this is the case, it would almost certainly rule Kyle Howarth out of any team plans as he is the Tigers Rider of the Year and most likley to be there in 2018.

If Wolves can get Piotr Pawlicki back on 7.32 or even 8.00 then that would be a great move as he is a much better rider now than the 20 year old that topped the teams averages in 2014. With Rory Schlein more than happy to stay and Sam Masters enjoying it at Monmore, they have there three riders to build around should that be the case and no doubt Nathan Greaves is all but secure on a return after a vast improvement during the year to go from zero to hero.

Ricky Wells is still a Wolves asset and could fit in well while Tobiasz Musielak and Nicolai Klindt were sold and the list of assets has certainly gone down at Wolves with the Karlsson brothers retiring, Pedersen as welcome as a fart in a space suit and Woffinden Unlikley to commit to a season of 28 - 36 meetings.

All is on ice until it's known how the Swedish duo are getting on and the chances of a track return in just 20 weeks time

Wouldn't mind seeing Mikael Bech given another chance if sorted out his personal problems still has potential.Could be good replacement for Kyle if he moves up with Sheffield.

Freddie has already signed for a Swedish team, not sure why he won't commit to Poland yet

He was already contracted there so the Poland deal has been on ice and a few teams seemed to have him in their targets but are now naming full squads.

Think his injuries may take time to be fully race fit so signing for a team in your own country isn't really a suprise. Season doesn't start there til April same as the GP Series so that may be all Freddie can really aim for at the moment.