British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Poole v Belle Vue SGB Premiership A. 11th April 2018

14 minutes ago, Gavan said:

And hell yes i will use statistics surely thats what we can base predictions on is it not??

Would you pick a rider that got 16 last time or a rider who got 5?? Im not saying that Steve would have got 16 but he certainly has the form in the book to go very well at Poole.

Maybe when predicting a meeting we should ignore a riders past performances at tracks then?

As ive just said Lawson is a good replacement based on his last visit .....................oh damn maybe i shouldnt have done that and used his past Poole record as a guide to wether he may score 10 or 4.

How many times has Steve Worrall rode at Wimborne Road? Care to quote any of his other scores? 

Im coming down for this one so hope the forecast remains good. Last season i was confident whenever we were on our travels, the named team this season leaves me less confident. The GP could have a negative impact on cookies league form if he struggles, similarly with his form in Poland, hes started the season slowly. Tungate i must admit to not being a big fan of, he really needs to step up his away form. Losing Stevie is a huge blow hes started in tremendous form replacing him on his current average will not be easy. Fricke has not shown his best round Wimborne Road so far, he could be about to. Bewley is no doubt a potentially superb prospect but is still little more than a novice, certainly cant heap too much on to his shoulders just yet. Starke will certainly be better than Drozdz and id be suprised if Etheridge did a great deal more than Smith. So for me a comfy home win. I just hope for some good racing. And that depends on winning the tactical battle with Highways England on circumnavigating the multitude of road works/closures. Lol

Edited by bellevueace

20 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

How many times has Steve Worrall rode at Wimborne Road? Care to quote any of his other scores? 

4 from 4 including a bonus win and and engine failure

8 from 4

Pretty conclusive he goes ok round there. 2 points in every race on average. Would the r/r get that? Doubtful and quite likely he may have had the heat 15 ride as well

Your kind of missing the point so no need going over old ground.

Edited by Gavan

38 minutes ago, ray c said:

Good guest and he can gate 

Thats ok, we can deal with that..;)

Richard Lawson’s last meeting at Poole

Richard Lawson - 2 3 3 3 2 = 13

In Gavans world that surely means Belle Vue are now going to win. I mean, it’s not much if any different to Worralls last score with one ride less. Clearly now the same strength as if Worrall was riding.

:lol:

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Richard Lawson’s last meeting at Poole

Richard Lawson - 2 3 3 3 2 = 13

In Gavans world that surely means Belle Vue are now going to win. I mean, it’s not much if any different to Worralls last score with one ride less.

:lol:

Speedway, a sport built around rider's average score, but all it really boils down to is your last match [in Gavan's mind, when it suits him].

Maybe we should scrap averages, and just build teams based on one-match CMAs? Is this where the sport has being going wrong!?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bleeds Pirate Blue said:

Speedway, a sport built around rider's average score, but all it really boils down to is your last match [in Gavan's mind, when it suits him].

Maybe we should scrap averages, and just build teams based on one-match CMAs? Is this where the sport has being going wrong!?

I mean, really it’s all farcical. What Worrall scored last year means nothing. How many times has a guest been booked because the last time they rode at a particular track they got a good score? Be suprised if Lawson repeats last years score.

Worrall started the season in good form but we know he will likely end up with a 6. Something average.

Its like dealing with dumb and dumber here.

Ok lets look at this how any normal human would look at it.

Steve Worrall goes well at Poole, certain riders like Max Fricke dont

When looking at making a prediction of a meeting guess what.....i look at how a rider does at that track.

If you think that a rider who goes well at a certain track can be replaced by 4 riders who dont go as well and it makes a team stronger you are deluded.

Are Belle Vue stronger with Worrall then r/r? Yes quite clearly to those whose sole objective isnt to troll

If you care to read my post i said Lawson is a good choice of guest but i guess you gloss over that

Would Poole miss Kurtz or Kildemand and have r/r and be stronger lol

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I mean, really it’s all farcical. What Worrall scored last year means nothing. How many times has a guest been booked because the last time they rode at a particular track they got a good score? Be suprised if Lawson repeats last years score.

Worrall started the season in good form but we know he will likely end up with a 6. Something average.

Thats good then so the next time Poole book a guest will they book a rider who goes well at a track or poor? Of course previous form at a track is a guide numpty

@Gavan Give us more than one score by Worrall at Wimborne Road then? It's pretty f'n simple. Preferably his last 6+ performances - that should be a solid benchmark to work out what his form is like riding at Poole...

Or, keep bleating on like a broken record, stuttering the same old misinterpretations and falsehoods?

• Haha 1

Have any of you good folk in Poole seen the track lately? I am planning on coming down on Wednesday (105 miles each way) but dreading another postponement! Just wondering how the track was holding up with all this rain.

You can’t really take one meeting as a guide to a riders ability. Looking at Steve’s scores from last year you see he is our second best away rider nearly a point higher than Max, so every rider who is eligible for R/R is weaker then Steve on away tracks.

Steve averaged 6.89 away from home last season. Lawson averaged 5.40 away from home last year so when you look at things over many meetings rather than just cherry picking here and there it shows we are considerably weakened.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pirate Rich said:

Have any of you good folk in Poole seen the track lately? I am planning on coming down on Wednesday (105 miles each way) but dreading another postponement! Just wondering how the track was holding up with all this rain.

Just stopped raining 30 mins ago. Been light rain all day. Tomorrow heavy rain is forecast giving way to an afternoon of sunshine and showers. Wednesday is a dry day with sunny periods.

10 minutes ago, ouch said:

You can’t really take one meeting as a guide to a riders ability. Looking at Steve’s scores from last year you see he is our second best away rider nearly a point higher than Max, so every rider who is eligible for R/R is weaker then Steve on away tracks.

Steve averaged 6.89 away from home last season. Lawson averaged 5.40 away from home last year so when you look at things over many meetings rather than just cherry picking here and there it shows we are considerably weakened.

Thanks @ouch