British Speedway Forum

Hope we can turn the deficit around from tonight. Garcia turned out to be a very poor guest. Not sure what was available but no doubt Lasse would have scored more than 1. I think Garcia score well when at Edinburgh with Berwick so maybe that was in the management's thinking. Don't even get me started about Phillips.

17 minutes ago, Winditon said:

Hope we can turn the deficit around from tonight. Garcia turned out to be a very poor guest. Not sure what was available but no doubt Lasse would have scored more than 1. I think Garcia score well when at Edinburgh with Berwick so maybe that was in the management's thinking. Don't even get me started about Phillips.

Garcia scored 1 for r/r, 0 for who he was replacing ;)

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

Garcia scored 1 for r/r, 0 for who he was replacing ;)

Correct. If he was being paid he should not have been. No effort whatsoever. Worse than Danny Phillips.

Guest Loose Diamond
3 hours ago, Winditon said:

Difference was he was trying for Berwick.

7 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Difference was he was trying for Berwick.

I thought you got paid for how many points you scored in speedway

31 minutes ago, Winditon said:

I thought you got paid for how many points you scored in speedway

Not always the case,,, last minute guests can probly name their price.

3 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Not always the case,,, last minute guests can probly name their price.

Wasn;t really last minute though, didn't we name him on like Tuesday or Wednesday or something?

21 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Wasn;t really last minute though, didn't we name him on like Tuesday or Wednesday or something?

Not sure when we named him, but I was just referring to guests in general. Anyhow, at least there's one less person we need to ask when we need a hand,,, every cloud and that ;)

Must say tho, was surprised that Coty got 5 rides.

Edited by ruffdiamond

Guest Loose Diamond
33 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Not sure when we named him, but I was just referring to guests in general. Anyhow, at least there's one less person we need to ask when we need a hand,,, every cloud and that ;)

Must say tho, was surprised that Coty got 5 rides.

Me too. After in first ride R/R a lucky point then 2 coconuts for me should have been replaced by Max. Max would have still have enough rides left. After all he only had 6 last night. I thought we may have kept it to 6 or 8.

25 minutes ago, Loose Diamond said:

Me too. After in first ride R/R a lucky point then 2 coconuts for me should have been replaced by Max. Max would have still have enough rides left. After all he only had 6 last night. I thought we may have kept it to 6 or 8.

Don't suppose it helped that Max was paired with Coty in ht12, which may have meant putting Max up against Wells and Pav in ht10, maybe too much of an ask to try and gain an advantage there.

Nevermind, a cup final is up for grabs t'morro and Starkey usually gives it a decent go at Brough.

Edited by ruffdiamond

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Don't suppose it helped that Max was paired with Coty in ht12, which may have meant putting Max up against Wells and Pav in ht10, maybe too much of an ask to try and gain an advantage there.

Max should of been in heat 7 with Wethers as would of at least got a 2-4 probably.

9 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Max should of been in heat 7 with Wethers as would of at least got a 2-4 probably.

I get what your saying, but that would've meant dropping the guest after his first 'scheduled' ride. Then you've still got to get him out again for 2 rides, thats if he's not in a huff ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

3 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

I get what your saying, but that would've meant dropping the guest after his first 'scheduled' ride. Then you've still got to get him out again for 2 rides, thats if he's not in a huff ;)

Even worse than that was Clegg didnt come in for heat 8 instead of Phillips (I am sure can make a reserve change in protected race). He was that bad in first 2 it wouldnt of made a difference if in the huff :lol:

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Even worse than that was Clegg didnt come in for heat 8 instead of Phillips (I am sure can make a reserve change in protected race). He was that bad in first 2 it wouldnt of made a difference if in the huff :lol:

If Clegg was in ht8, it would've meant Danny still had to have his 3rd ride tho (ht14),,, was Ully not in the running for a r/r ?

8 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

If Clegg was in ht8, it would've meant Danny still had to have his 3rd ride tho (ht14),,, was Ully not in the running for a r/r ?

With Worrall coming into 8 it was good chance of 1-5 if Clegg came in and least Wethers would still of been in 14. You make a good point which makes George's choices even more baffling as Ostergaard could of taken a ride!