British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Tsunami said:

No time for sentiment but at the moment. Bottom of the League and not going though to the 4's finals after a decent start is not good enough. Birmingham and Eastbourne were supposed to be fighting for the wooden spoon this season and look at our results against then lately.

Give me an honest opinion Dave and tell me what you would do at this moment in time if you were still a promoter, because let's not kid ourselves plenty of fans as usual are becoming a bit disillusioned. If we are not careful our season will be over very soon.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Winditon said:

let's not kid ourselves plenty of fans as usual are becoming a bit disillusioned. If we are not careful our season will be over very soon.

I agree.

This doesn't feel like a Newcastle team to me - I know that may seem nonsensical but that is how I see it. Maybe the lack of home fixtures hasn't helped....one or two performances certainly haven't..

38 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Does the team building limit increase to above 40 later in the season and, when is the cut off date for making team changes ?

Limit goes up next month, dunno when cut off date is though...

16 minutes ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

I agree.

This doesn't feel like a Newcastle team to me - I know that may seem nonsensical but that is how I see it. Maybe the lack of home fixtures hasn't helped....one or two performances certainly haven't..

Totally agree... The season will be pointless soon, and we had a team with so much promise... Lunna and Palovaara dropping out didn't help us... Because even though we got Steve... The other spot has been a nightmare to fill

43 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Totally agree... The season will be pointless soon, and we had a team with so much promise... Lunna and Palovaara dropping out didn't help us... Because even though we got Steve... The other spot has been a nightmare to fill

The cut-off is 23rd of each month for the new green sheets.

7 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

I think ruff was on about the speedway equivalent of the transfer deadline... I assume

27 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

19 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

I think ruff was on about the speedway equivalent of the transfer deadline... I assume

Yeah, when/is there a deadline for team changes ?

22 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, when/is there a deadline for team changes ?

28th August 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

28th August 

Thanks,,, I thought I read somewhere, that the points limit was to increase again, to 42/42.5 later in the season also.

Guest Loose Diamond
6 hours ago, Dandelion said:

I really like Lasse, but he's struggling a lot this year, I thought Tommy was the one struggling, but I'm not sure that's really the case, Lasse has good scores, like 8+1 at Eastbourne, then the next meeting he'll have 3 breakdowns and a win... Kinda frustrating... But I don't want him to leave under storm clouds... As the Bjerre's should always be welcomed at Newcastle

Sorry but after Peterborough he's got to go. Total garbage.

14 hours ago, Winditon said:

Give me an honest opinion Dave and tell me what you would do at this moment in time if you were still a promoter, because let's not kid ourselves plenty of fans as usual are becoming a bit disillusioned. If we are not careful our season will be over very soon.

As you can understand, it's a bit awkward for me to comment on the situation. What I will say is, I would not have started with the team we started with. We got lucky when we got Steve and thank goodness we did,  or it could be even worse. At the moment I would be looking to change two riders, and sounding out who would be available. I was shocked that Ash was not considered and I suppose the good thing was that Max has turned out decent in his place. Wethers is again the surprise package, starting the season looking wrong with his style and look at him now. Top team man and reliable on track. I hope he is pleased with his own progress, as I think we all are. Thomas I was iffy about. He is way too inconsistent for me, but he can be brilliant at times, even when beaten from the tapes, and he is supposed to be a good gater. I think he rides for KL better than for us. Lasse I wouldn't have signed given his recent history, and I would be moving him on.  So that would be me looking for 2 riders Lasse and a new reserve. I do hope we get a change soon, and we use the extra points wisely. At the end of the day of course it's all about opinions, and what we don't know is what the grapevine is saying as to who is also going to be moved on by another club. That's where contacts come in very handy, and why riders suddenly appear quickly and get snapped when they are released by another club. As fans we are not privy to the planned moves and releases, so we can just hope the promotion is doing  the looking and hearing  for us.

Hope that helps.

• Like 1

Thanks Dave. Appreciate your honesty. Although others have been disappointing i definitely wouldn't have considered Phillips. With the greatest respect to him he is never going to make it at our level. He's been around a while now and not making any progress. Like you say it's all about opinions.

Guest Loose Diamond
18 hours ago, JackJack said:

Was anyone there at the Fours to see Lasse, heard he had a fall? Did this effect him or what?

No it did not effect him. As Steve Park has already said it was his second ride. He just disappeared out of sight into second bend fence. He was last as usual. But the four riders in that race at the time looked pretty close together. Edward Kennett, Scott Nicholls, and Paul Starke were in opposition.

Guest Loose Diamond
18 hours ago, Tsunami said:

No time for sentiment but at the moment. Bottom of the League and not going though to the 4's finals after a decent start is not good enough. Birmingham and Eastbourne were supposed to be fighting for the wooden spoon this season and look at our results against then lately.

Yes....Crap.

Guest Loose Diamond
15 hours ago, Dandelion said:

Yes it certainly has.

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Tsunami said:

As you can understand, it's a bit awkward for me to comment on the situation. What I will say is, I would not have started with the team we started with. We got lucky when we got Steve and thank goodness we did,  or it could be even worse. At the moment I would be looking to change two riders, and sounding out who would be available. I was shocked that Ash was not considered and I suppose the good thing was that Max has turned out decent in his place. Wethers is again the surprise package, starting the season looking wrong with his style and look at him now. Top team man and reliable on track. I hope he is pleased with his own progress, as I think we all are. Thomas I was iffy about. He is way too inconsistent for me, but he can be brilliant at times, even when beaten from the tapes, and he is supposed to be a good gater. I think he rides for KL better than for us. Lasse I wouldn't have signed given his recent history, and I would be moving him on.  So that would be me looking for 2 riders Lasse and a new reserve. I do hope we get a change soon, and we use the extra points wisely. At the end of the day of course it's all about opinions, and what we don't know is what the grapevine is saying as to who is also going to be moved on by another club. That's where contacts come in very handy, and why riders suddenly appear quickly and get snapped when they are released by another club. As fans we are not privy to the planned moves and releases, so we can just hope the promotion is doing  the looking and hearing  for us.

Hope that helps.

Jordan Palin. How old? Only riding for Belle Vue Colts at the Moment. Not sure if he is old enough to ride in Championship? Flying at the moment. Is he available for us? Would Martin Phillips drop his son for him? He needs to do something soon. He's given him far too much time already! Guested for Edinburgh on Saturday. Fell off in his first two rides. Then 2 coconuts in his next 2 rides. Not on the pace at all.