British Speedway Forum

On 6/25/2019 at 1:04 PM, Loose Diamond said:

Jordan Palin. How old? Only riding for Belle Vue Colts at the Moment. Not sure if he is old enough to ride in Championship? Flying at the moment. Is he available for us? Would Martin Phillips drop his son for him? He needs to do something soon. He's given him far too much time already! Guested for Edinburgh on Saturday. Fell off in his first two rides. Then 2 coconuts in his next 2 rides. Not on the pace at all.

Was with Archie and Danny at the Belle Vue and Swindon rounds of the BYC at the weekend, and Jordan was brilliant both from the gate, and his pace and style in the heats. He had some great duels with the Thompson twins( not the singers) and like Jordan they are both going to make great riders. They have grown since the last time I saw them, and on their way up. All those three riders are 15 at the moment. 

On a positive, with next months average we can do a straight swap, Danny for Danyon

22 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

On a positive, with next months average we can do a straight swap, Danny for Danyon

Can we ?

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Can we ?

Yes... We'd be 2.03 points under the limit... Danny is 2.00 and danyon would be 3.69 (last year's average with 2.5% reduction... I think) or alternatively we could swap lasse for a new number 1 8.50 or less... (Just missing out on Erik Riss ☹️ 8.58)

2 minutes ago, Dandelion said:

Yes... We'd be 2.03 points under the limit... Danny is 2.00 and danyon would be 3.69 (last year's average with 2.5% reduction... I think) or alternatively we could swap lasse for a new number 1 8.50 or less... (Just missing out on Erik Riss ☹️ 8.58)

Thank God for that ;)

Didn't realise we would have so many spare points,,, but ain't it strange how figures change from one day to another?

On 6/25/2019 at 1:04 PM, Loose Diamond said:

Jordan Palin. How old? Only riding for Belle Vue Colts at the Moment. Not sure if he is old enough to ride in Championship? Flying at the moment. Is he available for us? Would Martin Phillips drop his son for him? He needs to do something soon. He's given him far too much time already! Guested for Edinburgh on Saturday. Fell off in his first two rides. Then 2 coconuts in his next 2 rides. Not on the pace at all.

He is 16 next February so is not eligible this season only can ride for the Belle blue Colts

2 hours ago, ruffdiamond said:

Thank God for that ;)

Didn't realise we would have so many spare points,,, but ain't it strange how figures change from one day to another?

It's the added limit points that have helped us... Our team as a whole has stayed at a similar level... Max and Matty increasing, Tommy and lasse decreasing... Everyone else the same... Ish

1 hour ago, Terrace Grumbler said:

Thanks for that, Steve, but I thnk our reserves are nailed on to the end of the season (which will be upon us before we know it).

Would have liked Connor at reserve... Think he's got a good style and knows our track already... Just was too early for him a few years ago

7 hours ago, Dandelion said:

It's the added limit points that have helped us... Our team as a whole has stayed at a similar level... Max and Matty increasing, Tommy and lasse decreasing... Everyone else the same... Ish

Would have liked Connor at reserve... Think he's got a good style and knows our track already... Just was too early for him a few years ago

Honestly

Knowing how this lot operate don't rule out Carl Wilkinson on a 3.98...

However you do like your random names so how about Fritz Wallner on a straight 4.00...

Regards 

THJ 

Edited by TotallyHonestJohn
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Honestly

Knowing how this lot operate don't rule out Carl Wilkinson on a 3.98...

However you do like your random names so how about Fritz Wallner on a straight 4.00...

Regards 

THJ 

and Ludde on a straight swap for Lasse, 6.47 (identical averages) ;)

Then I could put me banner back up :t:

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Dandelion said:

On 6/23/2019 at 2:42 AM, Dandelion said:

Danyon Hume with a 2.5% reduction and Ben Barker on a 6.90 average fit would fit, even with next months rolling average taken into affect... That's with replacing Danny and Tommy... I do like Tommy a lot and Ben has A LOT of outside issues... But he'd still do a better job imo than the inconsistent 2019 Tommy has

Steve Worrall © 7.72
Max Clegg 4.52
Lasse Bjerre 6.65
Matthew Wethers 6.50
Ben Barker 6.90
Danyon Hume 3.70
Jacob Bukhave 4.00

And as has been said, Dan Bewley would be perfect... But you'd have to live on drinking land to believe it :P What do Kenneth Hansen and Jonas B Andersen do these days?

I was referring to the figures that I was reading and, the same ones that you quoted,,, they've changed without any matches taking place :blink:

1 hour ago, ruffdiamond said:

I was referring to the figures that I was reading and, the same ones that you quoted,,, they've changed without any matches taking place :blink:

For team building/changes which average is used? Looking in the speedway gb site there’s rolling average and 2019 average.im guessing you use the gsa ? 

45 minutes ago, bigred said:

For team building/changes which average is used? Looking in the speedway gb site there’s rolling average and 2019 average.im guessing you use the gsa ? 

Yeah, the 'rolling gsa', but it's not just as simple as that.

The averages that I was looking at and, Dandelion had quoted seem to have changed slightly. I was sure they were up to and including June 19th, but maybe I got that wrong.

6 minutes ago, ruffdiamond said:

Yeah, the 'rolling gsa', but it's not just as simple as that.

The averages that I was looking at and, Dandelion had quoted seem to have changed slightly. I was sure they were up to and including June 19th, but maybe I got that wrong.

Thanks for that.if you add up the figures on the gb site the team as now adds up to 35.75 ! There seems to be a lot of points free tbh..let’s hope the management use them with change/s .

1 minute ago, bigred said:

Thanks for that.if you add up the figures on the gb site the team as now adds up to 35.75 ! There seems to be a lot of points free tbh..let’s hope the management use them with change/s .

Like I said, not as simple as that, check the 'team decs and GSA's'.:t: