British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

Playoff Semi Finals 2018

2 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

There making excuses steve for there promotions shortcomings. How many was there on monday. Ang on ive almost finished counting.. They also convieniently forget we have a premier league side 5 mile up the road..

Wasn't your crowd poor till you started winning. Worse fans of all. You are all glory hunters 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Wasn't your crowd poor till you started winning. Worse fans of all. You are all glory hunters 

Nope our crowds were down a bit even our bad crowds are 3x plus better than that including our TV meeting a few weeks ago, , but knowhere near as bad as yours. Come on phil, you know as well as i do, appart from the opening gambits and the world cup your crowds have never been any great shakes, even with that track, and last mondays was appauling, that wouldnt even pay the riders money. You also know as well as i do its down to your promotion to do something about it, and they have the perfect opportunity to do it in the play off's.

36 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Regarding our TV attendance. Yes it could have been better but about 1500 there which is not bad for TV. Should have been much more though in my opinion. It wasn't any old match. It was massive

Just wish fans wouldn't judge the attendance on just the grandstand. Remember we have a South stand that you rarely see on TV yet we get more fans in there than grandstand. It isn't just grandstand we sit at 

And i looked at your south stand when the cameras showed it.. Come on Phil, there was knowhere near 1500 there on monday, 600 tops that will not wash mate..

Edited by Starman2006

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

And i looked at your south stand when the cameras showed it..

Then your clearly blind. 

3 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Nope our crowds were down a bit even our bad crowds are 3x plus better than that including our TV meeting a few weeks ago, , but knowhere near as bad as yours. Come on phil, you know as well as i do, appart from the opening gambits and the world cup your crowds have never been any great shakes, even with that track, and last mondays was appauling, that wouldnt even pay the riders money. You also know as well as i do its down to your promotion to do something about it, and they have the perfect opportunity to do it in the play off's.

Belle vue had highest average crowd when we rode Fridays. Averaged 1800/2000 

Mondays not been great granted but wednesday wasn't anywhere near as bad as most suggesting  

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

Then your clearly blind. 

Nope my  glasses are perfectly ok.

There making excuses steve for there promotions shortcomings. How many was there on monday. Ang on ive almost finished counting.. They also convieniently forget we have a premier league side 5 mile up the road..

But only with an 11,000 capacity which rather limits attendances when compared to nearly 80,000 at OT

1 minute ago, bellevueace said:

But only with an 11,000 capacity which rather limits attendances when compared to nearly 80,000 at OT

Exactly. Pooles crowds got lower soon as Bournemouth got into premiership. Yes Poole have and still do get good crowds but it's not what it was and it's only been decent lately cos they are winning and it was holiday season there 

3 hours ago, ouch said:

We were hit with the TV, it being an off night and the kids just back at school. Taking that into account the 1700 was ok and still the highest attendance that week in the UK for a team event  

Belle Vue are without doubt the best supported club in UK speedway but that also indicates the troubles currently facing the sport. 

Think you need glasses mate.. Now which was it 1500 1700 i would definately say slight exageration on both counts no more than 600 tops. And er, we rode on an off night and we were hit by the school return, but there was still plenty of kids there and a crowd 3x plus bigger than yours. As i said, you promotion has the opportunity to do something about it in the play off's. Ive been around to long to have the wool pulled over my eyes mate..

5 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

But a huge % of those 70 odd thousand at Old Trafford are Japs or asians who have come on a trip up from London for the day while visiting UK. When me and Rob came up to Manchester for the day before a Poole meeting we went to OT and on a non match day there were loads of Japs. Half the OT crowd are tourists. 

Doubt half of the MU crowd are from the area nowdays. 

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Anyway back on  thread  we are usually fancied when we reach play offs and each time failed. This year pressure is totally off. Let's see if it makes a difference. 

Its going to be 2 great demi finals and a great final. 4 good team. Could be the best play offs for years 

2 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Exactly. Pooles crowds got lower soon as Bournemouth got into premiership. Yes Poole have and still do get good crowds but it's not what it was and it's only been decent lately cos they are winning and it was holiday season there 

Please read my above post Phil.

Just now, Starman2006 said:

Think you need glasses mate.. Now which was it 1500 1700 i would definately say slight exageration on both counts no more than 600 tops. And er, we rode on an off night and we were hit by the school return, but there was still plenty of kids there and a crowd 3x plus bigger than yours. As i said, you promotion has the opportunity to do something about it in the play off's. Ive been around to long to have the wool pulled over my eyes mate..

600 HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

don't bite Phil. Done bite

Just now, Starman2006 said:

Please read my above post Phil.

I just did. Really want to bite. But your not worth It 

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But a huge % of those 70 odd thousand at Old Trafford are Japs or asians who have come on a trip up from London for the day while visiting UK. When me and Rob came up to Manchester for the day before a Poole medting we went to OT and on a non match day there were loads of Japs. 

A couple of Goddens and a Westlake...:rofl: