British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

Playoff Semi Finals 2018

Also we have non league clubs around here that consistently record higher attendances than any Premiership speedway club, lets face facts even what is considered a good crowd nowadays for a speedway meeting is bobbins, the sport nationwide is at rock bottom.

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

I just did. Really want to bite. But your not worth It 

Because you know im right... As i said, its down to your promotion.

3 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

Anyway back on  thread  we are usually fancied when we reach play offs and each time failed. This year pressure is totally off. Let's see if it makes a difference. 

Its going to be 2 great demi finals and a great final. 4 good team. Could be the best play offs for years 

I think you have every chance of progressing to the final.

Just now, bellevueace said:

Also we have non league clubs around here that consistently record higher attendances than any Premiership speedway club, lets face facts even what is considered a good crowd nowadays for a speedway meeting is bobbins, the sport nationwide is at rock bottom.

Speedway attendances across the board are down you definately cannot compare the 70's crowds to now, people have far more to do nowadays, thats why promotions need to dangle a carrot, including yours..

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

But a huge % of those 70 odd thousand at Old Trafford are Japs or asians who have come on a trip up from London for the day while visiting UK. When me and Rob came up to Manchester for the day before a Poole meeting we went to OT and on a non match day there were loads of Japs. Half the OT crowd are tourists. 

Doubt half of the MU crowd are from the area nowdays. 

So United only pull in around 30,000 from the Manchester area? Ridiculous

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Because you know im right... As i said, its down to your promotion.

Yes your right. I hope my hands up. Your never wrong. I apologise 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I think you have every chance of progressing to the final.

I think KL are beatable, they have hit a bit of form, but will the bubble burst ? Only problem is, BV have to cover Dan.

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

Speedway attendances across the board are down you definately cannot compare the 70's crowds to now, people have far more to do nowadays, thats why promotions need to dangle a carrot, including yours..

That's the first time you have been truthful on here. Keep it up 

Just now, Starman2006 said:

I think KL are beatable, they have hit a bit of form, but will the bubble burst ? Only problem is, BV have to cover Dan.

Done ok against Somerset. So hopefully we can against Lynn. 

1 minute ago, Starman2006 said:

You don't have to even go that far back to note the alarming drop in attendances, play off finals are considered crowd pullers but even those are not great with non league games regularly pulling in more for mid season games. Well the carrot we dangled was a superb race track if that dosent work that's it I would say wouldn't you?

1 minute ago, Phil The Ace said:

Done ok against Somerset. So hopefully we can against Lynn. 

See no reason why not But you will have to make your home count. I didnt say advantage because you havnt got any. You did well to hold Somerset off, they are a fiesty lot who never give up and can gate.

5 minutes ago, bellevueace said:

You don't have to even go that far back to note the alarming drop in attendances, play off finals are considered crowd pullers but even those are not great with non league games regularly pulling in more for mid season games. Well the carrot we dangled was a superb race track if that dosent work that's it I would say wouldn't you?

In a way, yes, but as i said, its no good your promotion charging say for example £25 to sit down, people will say sod it,  you have to add an incentive. There were some good races on monday night, one i was trying to see which rider/s went where. thats how it should be, but as i said. They have to realise its on BT sport.

Edited by Starman2006

11 minutes ago, Phil The Ace said:

That's the first time you have been truthful on here. Keep it up 

I say things as they are Phil, i dont dress it up.

People can go into the south stand for £7 less but I understand where you are coming from as there are people who cannot stand for that long. Also a new stadium has extra running costs. At the outset of the GP,s I said it would have a negative impact on league speedway and I think it has, weekend speedway wiped out, the loss of all the top riders, and the watering down of the domestic product. We always ran on a Saturday for example along with the likes of Cradley, Coventry, Swindon, Kings Lynn sadly two of those have fallen by the wayside. Then we have fixed race nights which impacted on our crowds and caused Rye House to go under, Poole were lucky in that respect as you kept your regular race night, look at Swindons Monday crowds, Somerset seem to have managed ok but I think that's more to do with the M5 being easier to navigate mid week. All promoters are in the last chance saloon and this close season really have to get it right if the sport is to stand any chance in the future, Going off previous BSPA conferences im not holding my breath.

On 9/8/2018 at 7:13 PM, Starman2006 said:

There making excuses steve for there promotions shortcomings. How many was there on monday. Ang on ive almost finished counting.. They also convieniently forget we have a premier league side 5 mile up the road..

Conveniently forgot. We have been discussing it over the last 2 pages. Lol

As for the attendance, we had more than you did on the same race night.