British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2019

3 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

Have you ever wondered why neither of them are saying anything themselves but are more than happy to tell you and let you do it.

As I have said many times before I appreciate there are two sides to any story ( possibly a dozen in the case of Speedway)  whilst deceit and subterfuge are the norm in Speedway I do not believe that either would  tell a bare faced lie to me. As I am not a member of the secret 7 I am not aware of the other sides. I will however say that I am rather disappointed that Neil has chosen  not  to expand .  When we lose Ged,Neil, T Balfe Construction and Kevin Austin  at a late stage of the game it is difficult not to have same concerns. We have also heard negative comment from Stilton Panther the personification of "Blue Skies Philosophy"

3 hours ago, wealdstone said:

As I have said many times before I appreciate there are two sides to any story ( possibly a dozen in the case of Speedway)  whilst deceit and subterfuge are the norm in Speedway I do not believe that either would  tell a bare faced lie to me. As I am not a member of the secret 7 I am not aware of the other sides. I will however say that I am rather disappointed that Neil has chosen  not  to expand .  When we lose Ged,Neil, T Balfe Construction and Kevin Austin  at a late stage of the game it is difficult not to have same concerns. We have also heard negative comment from Stilton Panther the personification of "Blue Skies Philosophy"

The moment Buster took over the club the skies did not just turn grey but went black.4 months on I can only see a storm brewing.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Never know maybe the T. Balfe Construction owner might be interested in putting money in along with Ged 

If they were not interested last year when the club was in a good position with Rathbone in post then why would they be interested now. A link with Balfe Motorsport, a move up a league and BT publicity for T. Balfe Construction Limited seemed tailor made but much like Frost and Mahoney's riches, that bird has probably flown.

• Like 1

I may be having a senior moment but didn't Ged already announce that he was looking to sell before Buster Chapman came on the scene,  I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that the regular travelling from his home (near Redcar?) was having big problems with his family life!!?

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

I may be having a senior moment but didn't Ged already announce that he was looking to sell before Buster Chapman came on the scene,  I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that the regular travelling from his home (near Redcar?) was having big problems with his family life!!?

He was looking to sell and those reasons were given but only Rathbone knows when Chapman came on the scene or whether there were any other serious bidders. Rathbone also said that Panthers would run in 2019 so the distance wasn't an major short term issue.

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

If they were not interested last year when the club was in a good position with Rathbone in post then why would they be interested now. A link with Balfe Motorsport, a move up a league and BT publicity for T. Balfe Construction Limited seemed tailor made but much like Frost and Mahoney's riches, that bird has probably flown.

See what your saying but to buy it from Ged he would of required someone else with the no how to run this kind of business,   im assuming you still need to have another fit and proper person as co- promotor who he would of needed to trust as well, now he may have that person in Ged. 

5 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Well i'm off to the Far East next week for six months, i wonder if the Panthers will still be around when i get back. See you all next year :)

Bangkok? Phuket? 

Edited by SPEEDY69

56 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

Thailand. Some work related and the rest spending time with family and friends in Buri Ram and Hua Hin...

Is that near Chaingrai

2 minutes ago, Blupanther said:

No, Chang Rai is at the Northern tip of Thailand. Buri Ram is a few hours drive north east of Bangkok...

Just wondered as my brother lives there

Wow this season has really gone to #### judging by the chatter on here...and listening to Johnson's tales of woe about us not signing anyone due to excessive demands...and to top it all...another Kings Lynn guest on Monday. I have never been so disillussioned in my time as a Panthers fan and have completely lost interest. Who actually runs the club now and Does anyone even care?

• Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Lukas said:

Wow this season has really gone to #### judging by the chatter on here...and listening to Johnson's tales of woe about us not signing anyone due to excessive demands...and to top it all...another Kings Lynn guest on Monday. I have never been so disillussioned in my time as a Panthers fan and have completely lost interest. Who actually runs the club now and Does anyone even care?

Negative thoughts and opinions are totally banned and considered totally out of order.  Buster is the messiah and should be revered as such.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Lukas said:

What do you expect on here. It's been a dogs dinner since (pick your own moment/year when it really went to #### ), the EoES is in an unprecedented August lockdown, we've no idea who runs the show (well that's not true as the Harris Witches and Cook Stars seem to be doing ok as another 6 fingered guest creeps into view) and no idea what the future holds apart from a wooden cooking utensil. To be honest, if you listen to Johnson then you do yourself no favours.

Edited by Crump99