Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

bigcatdiary

Members
  • Posts

    4,437
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    8

Everything posted by bigcatdiary

  1. BSN was complete and utter pants for me last night, freezing and cutting out regularly during the whole presentation, I lost it finally just as the riders were selecting gates for the final, I never got it back. The track looked lovely and smooth but provided nothing in the way of racing with riders strung out and little if any passing after a start which gave the yellow gate a ridiculous advantage that trackstaff were unable to rectify. Northampton as a racing circuit is dreadful that’s four meetings I have watched this year and the racing has been poor all year. The only plus last night was a good crowd for Tai, the fans however deserved better.
  2. And their in lies the problem, one of the commentators made me laugh late on when he said one of the riders was moving out into the deep stuff to try and make a pass, what deep stuff, it was as slick as it could be, even Doyle said it was really smooth, all you had to do was make a start. A complete and utter pants of a meeting.
  3. Interesting that the Danish Grand Prix went ahead despite the rain (20 heats)
  4. Oh dear. I went to the very first opening match and it was known they had practiced in the afternoon, the match afterwards in front of a crowd that must have been at least 3 thousand was effectively ruined, the racing was gate and go with little if any overtaking other that first bend and mistakes. Its clear from reading this thread today that a junior meeting took place in the afternoon proves that the idiots in charge are just not learning from earlier mistakes, using sub standard track material or don’t have the expertise to lay a track that provides proper racing, clearly the rain didn’t help but weather forecasts exist these days and should be taken into account. I haven't been to Northampton since but we are looking to attending the Woffinden Testimonial in October, it will be interesting to see if anything has changed, from what I have read this year I fear not much, we will see.
  5. Referee is shown as Craig Ackroyd who to be fair has always comes across as consistent and fair, however he had an trainee with him last night Josh Night, no idea who made the final decision but as I said Craig’s probably one of better refs.
  6. I think the best thing Northampton could do is sort out the track, if it could be prepared for some half decent racing, that would help significantly to attract supporters on a regular basis.
  7. The main problem is the owner, he has his own ideas on what he wants to pay riders and he doesn’t compromise, that coupled with the fact he regularly falls out with riders, staff and supporters, makes it difficult and not just in putting teams together. It makes it very hard to achieve anything and frustrates his staff and fans, I never really understood why he ever went into the Premier League, he had a lot of success at Championship level but trying to run Premier League on a Championship budget is always going to be difficult with any success strictly limited.
  8. It was indeed but the BSPA fine was over turned following an appeal to the acu
  9. More down to a significant amount of cash from Torun than anything else.
  10. Rob Lyon is an excellent team manager as he showed whilst at Peterborough, the problems at Lynn stem from the very top and nothing will change whilst he is in charge.
  11. Your not winning anywhere including at home, as for your track it’s dreadful, last time it was half decent was in the 90,s.
  12. But more importantly has the racing improved, it was dire on opening day but should have settled down now.
  13. I have always thought they should save a rain off programme for when it’s re arranged with an insert, at least it’s relevant to the team they are actually riding against
  14. It certainly isn’t to any club that have signed him to ride for them
  15. Doyle has never been my favourite rider but his commitment to the UK has never been in question and it puts a lot of our so called British riders to shame, especially those who are more than happy to ride in British Finals, SON and WC and of course the very popular play offs, but continually decline from riding in the UK but want the benefits nonetheless.
  16. It’s plainly obvious the FIM have the same standards setting the rules as the BSPL, it’s never very easy is it.
  17. I have checked BBC weather and Rainfall Radar this morning and the forecast for the week including Friday and Saturday in Manchester is dreadful.
  18. I dare say they looked at the finances/costings for one and it just meant losing money even with a sell out, personally I think it’s too expensive at Belle Vue full stop for one GP let alone 2. They kept ramping up the price at Cardiff each year and look where that ended up, supporters just ended up walking away or watching it on TV, TNT seem to be going that way as well. It wouldn’t be too bad if the racing was top notch but this years Prague GP was the very first since 1995 that actually had some decent racing and even some overtaking, I just thought it was me and the Glasgow promoter who thought the racing was actually important.
  19. I was reliably told that Manchester couldn’t make it pay on one which was why they said it was two or nothing, cannot see that changing going forward.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy