British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Rico

Wroclaw GP - cheap flight info

Change of plans for me. My wife and I are staying in Poland for another week, taking in the Tarnow-Wroclaw meeting and staying in Zakopane for a few days.

Great choice! It's gonna be a superb match between two the best Polish teams. And Zakopane is a beautiful mountain town. I've been there many times. Fantastic place :D

Have a nice time in Poland! :)

Edited by Mateusz

Rico wrote = Bydgoszcz in September I reckon we'll be going out on the terracing.

'Ey up Rico - hows it going ?

2nd bend in the Polonia kop ? Is Tomek Elwood going ?

Rico wrote = Bydgoszcz in September I reckon we'll be going out on the terracing.

'Ey up Rico - hows it going ?

2nd bend in the Polonia kop ? Is Tomek Elwood going ?

It will certainly be out in that direction, whether one of my colleagues would be up for the rowdies B) I'm not sure - some reassurance will hopefully sort that issue out.

Elwood is hoping to attend, he certainly hasn't booked anything as yet. New job has seen his GP attendance record plummet but I'd imagine he'll be making special arrangements to attend the big 'un.

Will we be graced with the company of Papa B etc etc this year ? I'm sure one of the etc's will encourage Tomek to go (given Tom's comments last year) :D I'd have my camera ready for the moment they met again :oops:

Let me know what GPs you are going to so I know when to look out for you.

Rico :rolleyes:

Yesterday I bought the train tickets to Wroclaw (from Berlin). Incase anyone is interested in some combined flying (Easyjet is flying from London Luton to Berlin Schönefeld) and train travelling, details (for two) as follows:

On friday 28.5.

09.38 IC241 Berlin Zoologischer Garten, arrives at

15.42 Wroclaw Glowny, so traveltime is 6.04hrs

On monday 31.5

12.41 IC240 Wroclaw Glowny, arrives at

19.02 Berlin Zoologischer Garten, traveltime 6.21

Price was 71,50 € (Sparpreis Europa, this train at this time, no refund) + reservation fee 6€ per ticket, so it came to 83,50€. Regular fare was 118€, allowing last minute changes(yes) and refund(?). There are, naturally, other trains to Wroclaw also, but we are taking this one. You cand find more info at www.db.de. The station Wroclaw Glowny is about 2 miles from the stadium.

And also there has been A LOT of talk about taking the airfence of the straights starting at Wroclaw in the Swedish press. I might be wrong, but I believe I even saw it stated as a fact. Then again, I havent been feeling all that well after Prague... :cry:

Edited by f-s-p

Guest JY2003

BEWARE......Anyone going to the Polish GP....Watch out for the Drunk Poles, like we had at Prague coz they ruin it for ya..... :mad::cry:

BEWARE......Anyone going to the Polish GP....Watch out for the Drunk Poles, like we had at Prague coz they ruin it for ya..... :mad:  :cry:

Surprised to hear that.

Papa B told us that the best thing about the Bydgoszcz GP last year was being in beside the drunk Poles.

Guess you maybe just got a bad lot! :o

BEWARE......Anyone going to the Polish GP....Watch out for the Drunk Poles, like we had at Prague coz they ruin it for ya..... :mad::cry:

??? I don't know what you mean = what happened but if it was something bad it must have been only an accidental incident.

Don't worry about drunk Poles :) They're not so dangerous B)

... well maybe only sometimes when your a fan of Nicki P ;)