British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HGould

Brummies v Eastbourne KOC R1 - 2nd Leg

I questioned Zach’s heart and bottle ( he has the ability ).

time will tell

all I can say is watch this space over the next few days 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ProudtobeaBrummie said:

I am not sure he works for Birmingham speedway tbh as far as i was aware he was a volunteer . I stand corrected if i am wrong . I  do get your point though GA will never say anything negative about any Brummies rider maybe he thinks if you have nothing good to say do not say it . Unlike myself while i can be critical also give out plenty of praise too . end of the day i think we all  just want whats best for the Brummies .

P.S I think Eastbourne fans can read a forecast for themselves . 

P.P.S This thread has been viewed over 2500 times.

Sorry to go on....my point about the 'weather forecast' is/was they can get it wrong?......therefore, I was informing Eastbourne fans first hand advice on the weather.....just helping a fellow speedway fan :t: but as I said previously, if it doesn't help, then I wont mention it again ….. no problem! (p.s we predicted the score correctly) :rofl:

Just to pick up on a couple of points.

As has been said I dont work for Birmingham. I am a volunteer. Its wrong to say that I never criticise Birmingham riders. I have done so previously on my radio program and have even this year mentioned concern for Ulrich and some other riders. However I always think very hard before critisising riders and it is never my default position. I have heard people say that as long as a rider is very obviously trying hard then as a supporter we cant ask for anything more. I think its been obvious that Ulrich and Zach have been trying. However its also been obvious that Zach isnt himself and i am glad he has made a decision to think of his own state of mind first.

Its going to be interesting now to see how the management reacts to this latest development.

Something I think I should add about criticism. Laurence Rogers has come in for (IMO) some very harsh criticism based on percieved past performance as far as i can see. I spoke to several Birmingham riders last year and to a man they where nothing but complimentary about Mr Rogers. One rider in particular was angry about some of the things that had been said on the various social media platforms. Who was that rider? Well I'm not saying as it was said in confidence. I will say that it is a very respected rider.

• Like 2