British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ellioth4

Leicester Vs Redcar 29/06/19

I like Leicester, go there regularly, track improved by recent changes and heard someone say more changes planned to 3rd/4th bend??. (more banking).

Done very well there from a virgin site and all credit to them.

One gripe I have is that the lighting is awful, have spoken to a few riders who say the same (2 Coventry riders last year one very experienced) that light poles are too low and outside of the track is dark and can get tricky when wet or dusty to see properly.. 

Guest Loose Diamond
1 hour ago, Fortythirtyeight said:

Yes, I have been to Newcastle many times over the years. Your track stuff do a marvellous job under the circumstances they have to work under and they produce the best track they can. It's the shape that makes it awful and it does not produce good ' racing '

Again YES those tracks were purpose built , hence they DO produce the best racing.

Gating is of ultra importance at Newcastle as it is for quite a few tracks yet you still get some good racing there. Obviously not the as aforementioned tracks. A lot of visiting riders do try to cheat at starts at Newcastle no matter how much our starting marshal tries to get them up to the tapes! What happened to the line at the back? Must have got rid of this now?