British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iainb

Leicester vs Eastbourne 05/07/19

2 hours ago, Loose Diamond said:

Yes. Less throttle bash, more use of riders throttle control. When Newcastle were at Eastbourne certain riders were not very good and struggled for some reason. Maybe absence of riding there I have no idea. Steve Worrall was ok. Bjerre was ok, but others struggled a bit. Jorgensen and Max Clegg especially. I definitely thought Clegg would have rode the track better because he must have been there riding in the NL.

Clegg been quite often in NL

1 hour ago, HGould said:

A Track where a rider has to have the skill to "turn the bike" are not trick tracks, they are part of the sport and a good rider can ride any track.

If you are going to define good tracks by those where it's full throttle all the way round you are totally missing the point of the sport.

Redcar is an excellent track but nothing at all wrong with Eastbourne, Edinburgh or Newcastle and all can serve up great Racing and so regularly.

All riders need skill to turn the bike and who mentioned full throttle tracks?

I was merely pointing out that at tracks with no 'home advantage ' then the more skilful riders will come to the fore.

We all have our own opinions of which track produces the best racing , and by racing I mean a track that produces overtaking both inside and outside on a regular race by race basis.

I will stick by my opinion that the likes of Belle Vue, Sheffield, Scunthorpe , Peterbrough and Redcar produce the best racing on a weekly basis. Other clubs do produce good racing on occasions depending on track preparation ( doctoring is to the fore at the moment ) and who the visitors are. 

I have seen poor meetings all around this country and in Poland too, the so called Mecca of speedway, but you pays your money and takes your choice.

• Like 1

Guest Loose Diamond
4 hours ago, Richard Weston said:

Clegg been quite often in NL

I think he hates the track. Don't know what Thomas Jorgensen's excuse was? Bike problems? Matty Wethers was ok. Our problems are at number 7. Way too many chances to improve. So far has not done so.