British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh 2021

On 10/10/2019 at 8:28 PM, JanAndersen said:

Don't disagree. Attracting new fans to speedway at Armadale is difficult. If we were back in town (pie in the sky i know) then marketing it becomes a lot easier - not easy but a lot easier. I'll keep buying Euromillions tickets........ 

I disagree, West Lothian and the surrounding areas are massive, and unlike the city doesn't have many other "big" sporting competition. (Sorry Livi and Rose fans) Hibs, Hearts, Edinburgh Rugby along with all the other activities you can do on a Friday night. 

The problem is after 21 years the club, in my opinion, still don't want to recognise themselves as a West Lothian club, and do not embrace the locals. 

The official supporters bus, still refuses to have a pick up point in West Lothian for away meetings, so if you're in West Lothian you need to get yourself home (25-30 miles) in the middle of the night. 

We should be doing everything possible to attract people of West Lothian, and its time to ditch the "we are an Edinburgh club, just here till we find somewhere else" attitude. 

Would take Sarj back if he starts season at reserve. Lawson on the other hand no thanks.  Ruddick first choice for a low avg reserve if not him Coles impressed me with his efforts.  Bickley be another decent at reserve but can't see that happening.  

Would happily see Joel Andersson back but we may have burned our bridge there.  

R.Worrall Confirmed for Monarchs:

https://www.edinburghmonarchs.co.uk/news-centre/article/2019-11-18/richie-worrall-is-back

Courtesy of edinburgh monarchs website.

By my calculations he should come in on 8.04/05(depending on how they round it) with the 2.5% reduction.

Edited by GhostRider
  • Like 1

Great signing to compete a very strong top 3.  Sam and Richie should maintain there averages easily and josh is on the way up.  

Can't win the league with just strong heat leaders so lot will rely on the next 4 signings.  

• 2 weeks later...