British Speedway Forum
Pieman72

Breakaway League

On 5/1/2021 at 7:13 AM, Bagpuss said:

I would also suggest that those who rock up to the track while on holiday on the island won’t really care what competition they’re watching as long as they have a good night out. 

Exactly, they're the people that the Isle of Wight rely on surely? They need to promote a show/good night out not a league basically. 

Every promoter needs to strive to "put on a show" around their main meeting. It's easier to do that particularly for the kids on a Sunday afternoon or Saturday evening with no time restrictions ..... 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, mikebv said:

Mickey Mouse events?

A few seasons ago the Premier League Play Off Final (the flagship event of the whole UK Speedway season) was set to have two riders guesting who were actually going to 'swap' teams after the first leg...

Meaning each would ride for BOTH teams...

Whatever the IOW do in the coming season I would suggest that they would be very hard  pushed to be more 'Mickey Mouse' than that. ..

In fact, I would think even Disney would struggle to be so...

Best of luck to the IOW this season...

With the lack of riders over here this year I'm not sure what's going to happen if our clubs have lots of injuries. Our promoters try to keep teams as even as poss, the fans want it that way but it may be difficult .....