British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies v Tigers 9/6

20 hours ago, Col said:

No problem with track tonight. Mostly down to the tractors doing more laps than the riders to keep the dust in check 

The dust was choking and obstructive to viewing. While I'm sympathetic with Birmingham Speedway's recent-ish equipment losses, the water bowser was pathetic. I could have put more 'water' on the track if I'd been strapped to the back of the tractor with a pint of cider in each hand! Can they not beg or borrow one or bid in an auction of used farm or road maintenance equipment? 

Didn't think crowd was particularly diminished compared to last week, a 100 down at most. All spectator areas seemed pretty busy - can't meander under current restrictions obviously.

12 minutes ago, Col said:

Didn't think crowd was particularly diminished compared to last week, a 100 down at most. All spectator areas seemed pretty busy - can't meander under current restrictions obviously.

Think you will find it was a lot more than 100 down col.

4 hours ago, Wee Eck said:

I find James’ approach confusing as I would expect that he has the potential to earn more in the long term from speedway but concentrates on grass track and long track to the extent that his race style doesn’t work for speedway - he needs to get his backside off the saddle as he goes into the bends. He has been told and put it to good use, but then reverts to his old style. 
Although only 24, he’s been racing since 2013 so I’m not sure when “he will get better”. I’m sure he’s enjoying himself, but the Brummies need riders who will improve over the season if they’re not going to be also rans  

I meant he will do better than last nights score, he usually does at least at home.

44 minutes ago, Col said:

Agree, although I saw a good few meandering