British Speedway Forum
Col

Brummies v Tigers 9/6

"We've got Terry Chrabaszcz back helping on the track and also Dixie Dean coming in who helped prepare Swindon's track when they won the Premiership in 2019.

"Of course it's not a quick fix, but they've been brilliant and enthusiastic and we're excited to see what they can do on racenight itself.

"We've also got some equipment from Somerset, who sadly recently closed down, so we're getting there.

I'd suggest more water would be a good start.

Assume teams are:

BIRMINGHAM: Chris Harris, Valentin Grobauer, James Shanes, Ashley Morris, Erik Riss, Paco Castagna, Jack Thomas.

GLASGOW: Craig Cook, Broc Nicol, Ulrich Ostergaard, Justin Sedgmen, Ricky Wells, Sam Jensen, Jack Smith.

Jack Smith injured at Kent tonight, left stadium in ambulance. Despite this Tigers had secured win by heat 12. Nicol & Jensen being the top performers. That said Nicholls is a one man team for Kent looking at the scores.

Will Riss have recovered from pointless meeting at P'boro, will any of the Brummies tail move off the curb when the outside is clearly quicker. Will former Brummie Ostergaard come back to haunt one of his many previous employers? Think Sedgman also called Perry Barr home for a time 

Any predictions? I'll go with 41-49. Tigers middle order look much stronger than hosts to me.

Edited by Col

Tigers 1-5 looks very strong and kid Jensen is in mega form. Strong showing throughout at Kent and would expect Glasgow to hit 50 again at Perry Barr

Looking a very tough one for us tonight.....

I can definitely see Ulrich putting in a shift....he's started the season very well....must be on decent machinery for once!?

Nicol goes extremely well round PB....he loves the outside and I predict a double figure score from him......

Overall, the result will depend very much on the track and if there are any race lines, coz let's face it, we haven't got the quickest gaters in this division.

But we have got some great 'racers' !

Credit to the Club for making the effort to borrow Somerset's equipment and bringing in some extra hands on the track!

I predict  40 - 50 in Glasgow's favour.

I am not convinced this will be a Tigers win as many predict Brummies' look a pretty useful side.

40 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I am not convinced this will be a Tigers win as many predict Brummies' look a pretty useful side.

You Mr. Blobby in disguise?:D:cheers:

• Haha 1

Sam Jensen looks to be the surprise package to me (based on early season form)? I predict that he could influence the result ?

I don't know much about him!?

14 hours ago, Col said:

I'd suggest more water would be a good start.

They had bought a water bowser from Belle Vue but as of last week still not arranged for it to be collected, don’t know if that happened last few days. 

47 minutes ago, tyretrax said:

You Mr. Blobby in disguise?:D:cheers:

It’s the reverse psychology tactic mate , if it’s good enough for blobby and all that.

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Sam Jensen looks to be the surprise package to me (based on early season form)? I predict that he could influence the result ?

Touch of class about him ,was very good at times last season at Ashfield.Having a field day at reserve,will find it a bit harder in the Team but he been riding in the Top5 last season.Who ever drops down will be OK for Glasgow though.They look the Team to beat for me.Tonight Will give us an idea.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, GiveusaB said:

Started the season well has Sam , no surprise to us he looked a real talent when he came over in 2019 just couldn’t gate.

He looks to have sorted that out this year.

• Thanks 1

Having R/R for Grobauer will make us slightly stronger IMO....

Have to use the replacement selection wisely!